For Jason McC in DXB & propwash

Guest Ray Darr

Guest Ray Darr

propwash,

what model(s) are you using? The lenses that come with the Serengetti "drivers" is not recommended at all for the 'bus EFIS for the reasons mentioned before. Your suggestion? (Tomorrow is "D" Day for buying a pair...)

Again, thanks!

- - -

Hi Jason.

Yep I got the reply you made last month-ish and I replied back to you when I was on the "Road-around-the-Gulf" block. Sorry we missed again...!

I bought a pair of Ray Bans (the Italian made Titanium RB 8012 with the glass G-15 lens) from Abu Dhabi that was WAY under the prices that were available around there, even at the Dubai Shopping thingy you guys had to deal with last month. Man the traffic was nuts then!

Anyway, thanks for the model number. I will have a peek while me and the Mrs. are back over here in chilly-ville visiting relatives and friends and shopping. (I SHOVELLED our driveway for a DAMN HOUR the other day...missing the sand already!)

I still want to try to find the best Seringetti model that works with the 'bus EFIS though. I've been warned that the "Driver" series makes all the FMA blue and EFIS reds VANISH! Yikes!

See you over in the sand next week trying to negotiate through the labrynth they call DXB! (WHEN is that construction of your new hangar EVER going to END there?! It almost makes Pearson look tame how the taxiways are all blocked with all the re-building!)

Cheers.

R.D.

Guest propwash

I am using the regular Serengeti aviator sunglasses, about $120 at Costco. They have the larger lens size to get maximum UV protection. Don’t look quite as ‘cool’ as some other very expensive options. I’ve never noticed any color or other distortion. Darker ‘green’ lens are not good, you can’t see anything. When you’re picking your way through a line of C/B’s you generally have to take any type of sunglass off.

No matter what, Airbus screens are dim and difficult to see especially with the sun behind you, just something you have to live with. I do believe the 340-500/600 are being delivered with new generation screens.

Archived