Is Zip Lo-cost???

Guest manwest

Zip is lower cost. Gary was an agent at CPAir before entering the union ranks at the National Office. AC will have a struggle getting any more out of the CAW than they already have. ACPA could take notice and maybe learn something from CAW's experience with negotiating with hardnose/stuburn management.

Guest Airmail

On March 23 in the Financial Post, Gary Fane said: "You'd better put it into bankruptcy protection before you ask us to give it any money."

It seems that Gary Fane knows that this is a process which will require employee concessions and that the posturing about "we [the CAW] will not give more" is nothing more than posturing when he seems to know full well that CCAA ("bankruptcy protection") means that the issue is no longer just a matter between management and the unions but will involve a pile of other interests who will be telling (not asking) the unions to give more or else they turn off the lights.

Outcome #1 (bankruptcy protection) is already a reality.

Outcome #2 (liquidation) is still avoidable if everyone gives.

Guest leftbase

Yes, I wouldn't mind an answer to that either.

And this: (quote from article)
"The pilots union, for its part, argues the average annual compensation for a WestJet pilot is about $170,000 - about $5,000 a year more than a comparable Boeing 737 pilot flying at Zip."

Now, I'm confused. As a long-time reader of this forum and Jim's previously, I always understood WJ pilots to be bottom-feeders who are lowering the industry standards. (Tongue-firmly-in-cheek ;)

But now I'm to understand that it's the Zip pilots lowering the bar? So very, very confusing.

DannyDog, I hope you're smiling wherever you are!

Yes, I wouldn't mind an answer to that

the average annual compensation for a WestJet pilot is about $170,000

Well you should ask Clive Beddoe.He's the one who brought this up in front of the Transportation Committee in YOW about a week ago.
He seem kind of proud of that too...

Archived