Emirates Pilots...

Guest Bulkwheat

Guest Bulkwheat

I apologize in advance as I know this topic has been brought up before.

Would some of the Emirates pilots (or anyone else in the know) share their thoughts on Dubai and the Company in general. I'm thinking lately that an application is in order.

Thanks..

It all depends on what your coming from and looking for. Its a job.
Someone suggested that you have to be looking for adventure and that hit the nail on the head for me.
Dubai is a great town for lifestyle and weather. EK a good company to work for. Its just not home and wife better be onside.
drop a note: a330shaw@hotmail.com

Guest bigbigbus

some love it some don't. I would have to say most Canadians like it over here, my wife and kids love it.We all think Dubai is very modern but you can't forget where you are.The airline is one of the best and for the most part a good group of guys to fly with.Kids like the school they go to and the villa we are in has lots of kids of all ages.Cost of things not a great deal of difference from Canada some things less and some more, kids after school things cost abit but you just have to put up with that. That being said the kids get a to do some new things they might not do back in Canada.Roster-10 days off 12-16 days work 3-5 rest, 330 do most of europe(2day) 77 do most of asia(5-8day). Pay @85K can no tax, no housing, you pay 10% of school fees, internet ADSL $75 can/month,cars are a good buy new or used company gives you @ 22k interest free which would buy you a good used 4x4. WX great for 8 months of the year then gets alittle warm but you do things indoor when it gets hot, it's like living in Edmonton only the other way around.We have 40+ airplanes now 56 by year end 110 -140 buy 2010 and something happening in June at the Paris Airshow.The war in iraq is not having a great effect so far time will tell on that.How 's that for a start

No wonder so many Jazz/AC pilots are try to go to Emirates: "Pay @85K can no tax, no housing, you pay 10% of school fees". $85K no tax: You do the math;-)

Guest shibui

The math becomes even more delightful if you stick around for a few years. A quick flick of the abacus shows me at $185k and no tax.

Allah Kareem

Guest bigbigbus

Good ? The mins are on the web site but the guys around my time were 6 -12 K airbus ,heavy boeing, jet command but not all meeting the requirment for quick upgrade

Guest terrier

Thanks for the info.It seems one has to "sever one's ties" to Canada before you can go tax free. Can't keep a house or bank accounts here.

Nothing worse than paying taxes for services that you are not receiving!

Good luck overseas.

Archived