Do the Few Actually Represent the Many?

Guest Propalong

Guest Propalong

It would seem to myself that most of the pilots at Jazz are good rational people. I know a lot of pilots at AC and I consider the people at that organization to also be of the same caliber.

Why is it then,that when any talk of an agreement between Jazz pilots and ACPA pilots is mentioned the extremist start shooting from both camps at a frantic pace. Do the irrational rants of the posters I see jeering about "us vs them","we are better than you", attitude represent the majority of the pilots at both camps? I don't believe that it does. If all of the "professional pilots" at both organizations were this confrontational and stubborn, there would not be a safe plane to be in at either fleet. As we all know this is not the case. It indicates to myself that there is a relatively small, vocal, and powerful group, at each organization that keeps this topic in the fringes of both camps. The reason that this topic is kept at bay is because of past perceived injustices and stubborn egos which result in obvious irreconcilable differences.

Keeping professional pilots split within the same company can only ultimately benefit the management team. As we speak the whipsaw is being cracked at both unions and whichever one is willing to take the most lashings will most probably win the fight, but at what cost?

If we are actually the rational, professional people we claim to be we should realize that we are in this together and that the best result would be able to work with management together as a cohesive group.

If a discussion about this were to ever take place, professional, unbiased opinions would most certainly be needed.

Good luck to both parties involved in the CCAA process

Guest Dick Dastardly

No kidding. Personally, I would love to see an agreement in which we could work together to the benefit of both groups and the corporation. I have always believed that Jazz pilots be given opportunities at AC exclusively. I just don't know how you can create an environment (seniority list) that both sides agree on.

Guest AV8TR

It is my belief that the majority of the "professional pilots" on this forum do as I do and just read the posts that are found here purely for their entertainment value. The "us vs. them" and "we are better than you" attitudes represent a serious lack of professionalism from both sides of the table. It is these attitudes that hinder progress. We need to work together for the good of OUR futures.

The opinions expressed here on this forum are just that....opinions....and we need to remind ourselves of this every once in a while.

Maybe this would be a good time to "stop and smell the roses".

Since I usually only read the posts on this forum, you have all witnessed my first and last post. Stay SAFE!

Guest ah crap

You know you made a good point. There are lots of good people out there. There are lots of hard feelings out there too. I've been at GX for almost 10 years and in that same time, scope was one of the biggest factors then and even after a 3 month strike some years back, scope is still an issue and both side are still fighting mad about it.
Now our infamous RJ Joe CEO wants what appears to be an all RJ fleet but at a hangar meeting 2 weeks ago, we were told the scope clause must be relaxed so we can grow. How's this if we don't yet have the 39 RJ's? Well AC has the 25. Oh so you are trying to get AC to "give" them to us. There's more. Our headoffice sees a potential growth in the 70 - 90 seat market so they want the bigger RJ's.
This fight will never end. All the rest of us can do is just go to work and keep doing the best job we can while we still have our jobs.

Archived