Airline Lawsuits

Guest manwest

Guest Soarcerer

Sorry to be curt with you, but I suppose that if your association had been producing buggy whips in 1910, you would have sued Henry Ford too.

In case you have not noticed, the airline industry is undergoing a some profoundly painful and fundamental changes. So too should your businesses as travel agencies to adapt to today's climate.

These lawsuits will not serve to advance your cause, and will do even less to further your cause in the future ...if there is one... for most full service airlines.

You do not live in a vacuum.

I am seldom driven to submit posts to this site, but I think your parasitic industy needs a wakeup call.

Rant over.... flak-jacket on. Fire away.

Guest manwest

Take off your flak jacket, its not required. Unlike some others here I don;t tear someone apart because of what they post or what they believe in. Your entitled to your opinion here as we all are.

I posted the message out of interest. I am not a party to that lawsuit, but I think the majors got together to try to put agents out of business. In some cases they did, many agents in North America have closed down. Now many agents in North America are selling away from the majors, eg. United, American, US Airways and of course in Canada Air Canada. Could this be why Air Canada's market share has dropped since the merger with Canadian, when they had 80% of the market in Canada? Could this be why Westjet, CanJet and JetsGo are increasing market share? Funny they still pay a fair commission to agents. Yes you are right about once thing the horse and buggy days are gone, so are the ways the majors do business in North America. Agents have adapted to these changes, and part of the reason some have gone out of business is that they did not adapt. Agents are now charging for their service, including fixing internet bookings for passengers. Yes the internet will always be there, yes there are times when it can produce a lower fare, I welcome the competition. Agents do not have a love affair with Air Canada or its sub-airlines. Many do not trust Air Canada, where did I read that some retired employees were sueing Air Canada??? How many Jazz employees trust Air Canada??? How well is Zip doing versus Westjet in the west?? These questions along with Air Canada getting its house in order to stay out of bankruptcy are pressing affairs.

Agents are going to be around for a long time to come, probably a lot longer than some of the major carriers.

Archived