comments from those who have

Guest Pete

I am a Canadian, from YVR, currently flying 747 freighters, and pax out of Europe and the middle east/ far east. I have been doing this for some years, but miss the West coast more and more, and basically HATE living out of a bag.

So, the question, anyone out there who was in the same boat, and returned to Canada?

I am 40, and the "window" may be closing, as well I will undoubtably take a large pay cut, but am thinking about WJ.( but maybe not so much as it costs an amazing amount to live hotel to hotel.)

I am interested to hear from anyone who may have done this, and also opinions on how long WJ will still be a viable option, re hiring, does it look like it this may slow down?

It`s always the current pay vs lifestyle but pay cut issue, but more and more, lifestyle is looking better than pay!

next ? can one realistically commute from BC and work for WJ, or is Calgary mandatory?

Last ? any current WJ pilots willing to discuss via email the current situation there, and answer some questions, that there is no point clogging up this board with?

Thanks.

Guest Dockjock

Service Air (Captains, FO's and FE's-- Canada)
5455 Airport Rd., South Richmond, BC, V7B 1B5
Web site: www.serviceair.ca

Boeing 747-200 Captains, FO's and FE's
We are seeking Captains with minimum 5000 hours (1000 hours command), FO's with minimum 5000 hours (some on type) or wide-body experience and FE's with minimum 3000 hours, wide body experience preferred. All applicants MUST hold a Canadian Passport or work permit and a current and appropriate ICAO License to apply. NO CALLS!

http://www.bloorstreetwest.com/employment/offers/index.html

Archived