SkyDive Toronto

Guest blocked pitot

Guest blocked pitot

My buddy has been offered a "position" with this company. I have heard some stories relating to this particular operator and would like to know if they are true or not. Anyone here ever work there?

Guest Marion Vanderlubbe

Good jumpers, good record, with a T-10 and favorable winds you could jump naked to Wasaga. Don't know anything about their aircraft, sorry. Is your buddy's position jumper or pilot?

Guest DDDOF

Your buddy will be asked to pay around 900 dollars for a 3-5 hour checkout in a 182, and do a 1st jump course, along with a whole bunch of other people.
Then the ownwer will choose a few to fly for him for the summer and not get paid.
In reality if you buddy doesn't live close to the jumpzone tell him/her to save their money because he won't get picked after he spends his/her money on the checkout.
Check out the thread on this forum

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I jump at Borghese Parachute Centre in Simcoe (aka Skydive Simcoe).

Vic Borghese is the owner/operator, and his a/c is a C-182. I'm pretty sure he pays his pilots, but not sure how much.

Visit http://fp.kwic.com/~skydive for contact info. if you so desire.

Regards,

Jason

Guest ACguy

Hey this all sounds familiar. Is Joe Chow still running that operation? I believe he runs a safe operation but, is very cost minded. A lot of sitting around and then go like hell. Its a job in hard times I suppose for the resume.

Archived