middle ground

Guest rance

Guest rance

What if jazz took over the current mainline rj fleet and all future deliveries of the newer a/c go to the mainline.

In the meantime both unions sit down like adults and work out a senority list so this never happens again.

If your skeptical about merging because you don't trust the other guy, that is precicely why you would do it.

Guest WA777

If the AO lawsuit was dropped, I think it could have happened....as I have said before the lawsuit is the reason IMO that there has not been any solution.

Guest rance

Wa777;

In your opinion the reason why the 2 groups can't ever come together is over the ao lawsuit. While both sides could debate who is right or who is wrong it really doesn't matter. Today, there are more players involved than the original acpa during picher and original Ao. There is now an acpa comprised of cdn. members that had nothing to do with walking away from picher and on the other side there is cra,nova,airbc and a.o f/os that have nothing to do with the lawsuit.
Let's face it, mainline isn't going to go away and jazz won't be going away (unless company liquidates)so unless something is worked out, the company will always use one group against the other and that does not serve anyones intrest but the companies.

In a way it's very simular to religious wars. Fundamentally the differences between the worlds different religions is small, yet one group will literally kill the other because survival of that group becaomes more important than the common good of all.

I am not employed in the airline industry.

As an outsider, I have watched with amazement the discussions over the years between the parties to various airline labour agreements. I am particularly impressed with the imperviousness to compromise of so many participants.

This seniority dispute between the AC pilots and their Canadian counterparts is a case in point. The one side argues Date of Hire and will accept nothing less. The other argues Bottom of the List and will not budge. This goes on year after year. Each side is incredibly sincere and obviously cannot see that the other side has any valid point at all.

Th airline industry has many problems other than the labour situation, but with entrenched attitudes like this it is hard to see how things can ever improve.

Perhaps airlines in the future will be temporary creations which will operate for five or ten years with a minimal capital structure and then liquidate before problems become entrenched.

(Perhaps not).

Guest WA777

So even though I could see an eventual solution after the dropping of the lawsuit and a willingness on the part of many mainline to work something out, you are saying that there can never be a solution because things have changed....in other words to the regionals it is still Picher or bust...????

Guest WA777

Your assessment of the seniority issue is incorrect....you have the your facts wrong regarding BOTL....the proposal was ratio.

Guest rance

"you are saying there can never be a solution
because things have changed"

Not at all, in fact the opposite. My point was there are many people that are being affected by the picher and lawsuit that not only had nothing to do with it,but don't even know about it till explained to them.

Whether your acpa or alpa i would hope that one thing this last week has shown (at least to me)is that it isn't in anyones intrest (except the company) to be adversaries.

When you strip away all the bulls*** you realise we are all simular people with mortgages to pay and families to feed and with that as a basis hopefully the future can be better than the past.

I will of course amend my post if my hyperbole is upsetting. However if you dispute my thesis that the parties are hopelessly polarised you should be careful. There are obviously others out there who do not consider this "ratio" to be a compromise.

I am not trying to raise controversy.

Archived