info

Guest target

target

Ken has a tentative constitution but will need to get the association part going, basically a member drive, before the union takeover. The document will need to be perused by a lawyer first in order to make everything kosher, this will take a fairly substantial amount of cash.

As to the senior excecutives renumeration, the standard is usually based on some percentage of the average members wage...up to 200%(!!!)

The cash required can be reduced substantially if CAMA can be created from what was CATW since CATW has all the legal BS already completed.

We need to work together! Bill and Ken need to talk this one over... why waste cash???? There is no benefit in having different groups acting independently.

Mitch;

no offence to bill or yourself but the CATW constitution is inferior to CAMA's. it has no right to recall any elected member, no focus on training or liscencing and leaves a lot of details out that the CAMA one has.

lets be honest here, all of the legal work HAS been done, just in a different country...now to apply it to the law here is the concern.

Guest Gadgeteer

I think we should insert CAMA's Constitution into the CATW. This way we would be up and running. Our first goal is to get out of the IAM ASAP! Once we are free of the IAM's grip we can than focus on fine tuning our new organization.

You mean the CATW constitution is inferior to AMFA's. The CAMA constitution is a complete rip-off of the AMFA constitution. And yes, I agree. Whatever we end up calling ourselves, I'm in favour of much of what's in that document.

As Gadgeteer said, simply morphing CATW into CAMA would save a lot of coin. Because of the legal work that's already been accomplished.

But as I see everyone heading off in separate directions here I'm beginning to wonder if we're capable of doing what we want. This is freaking amazing! We all want the same thing, but it doesn't seem that we're willing to pool our efforts.... How many different individuals or groups are already starting off with their own little ideas of what they think should be done...? On this site alone, where we might represent 0.01 percent of our total group we've got at least 3 different lines of thought and very little agreement.

Somehow, we've got to pool our efforts! Maybe 'Skydrol's' chatsite will help?

Guest Canmech

Hi AME767,

I agree with you that the constitution of AMFA-CAMA is superior to CATW and definitely could not be used status quo.CATWs constitution however was created for a raid against the I.A.M. that included a bargaining unit that was made up of only 25% trades groups.When Tech Ops is spun off we will be looking at a bargaining unit predominantly made up of trades groups....a totally different sell...(You are comparing apples and oranges).As for AMFA OR CAMA...I would love to see AMFA in Canada but if this is not to be,CAMAs(AMFAs)constitution will do a great job of representing Tech Ops personnel.Later Canmech!

Archived