tour canada...

Guest ken hickerson

Guest ken hickerson

Hello all and a happy new year

I was in yyz over the Holidays and visited with a few people. I would like to visit ( face to face) with a few more like minded people-those that think representation for tech-ops should be by tech-ops people.

I would like to come to yul...any offers?

For newcomers to the forum I represent an organization called CAMA (canadian aviation maintenance association), and we feel that the time is right to build this association to a higher level...

my email kenhickerson@hotmail.com

'this will include non licensed people such as trim and finishing,sheet metal,support shops,hyd,electrical,fuel.An ame only club is just not feasible '

For your info, there are AMEs in sheet metal and support shops last time I checked. p1awn@yahoo.ca

Guest ken hickerson

Yes CAMA will represent all within the technical field. Have you read the constitution? Would you like a copy?

An AME (only)association, in my opinion, will never be allowed to represent. The CIRB leans toward fewer bargaing agents rather than increasing them. What about all of the skilled trades that do not have a license (yet)? They stay with the IAM, and when they get a license are allowed to come over to our union?

The company along with other bargaining agents would be against you at the CIRB...seems like a very tough (unnecessarily so) row to hoe.

Guest GRNDCHKOK

Interesting debate about AME only association.It would be interesting to know the ratio of AME's to non AME's ie. painters, furnishing mechs, component shop mechs etc.If all are grouped into a bargaining unit be it union or association and the AME's are out numbered then a situation could arise whereby an issue considered extremely important by AME's could be out voted by the other groups, which is the present situation.In comparison does the teachers union include school building maitenance persons,janitors etc, and does the nurses union include hospital administration persons etc,or are their unions a union of professional persons strictly for persons of that profession persons and if that is the case,since an AME is a professional then why should the AME's not be afforded the same standing.

Guest ken hickerson

well said...however your comparison of teachers, and nurses doesn't work due they outnumber their fellow employees. To direct the question back to you - who represents the nursing aides? the teaching assistants?

Archived