Monday's Language Tip

Kip Powick

I never thought of this...seems like a good idea

QUOTE---------------"To get service in English press 2 for French"

I've had excellent service from Bell for the installation and no problems with my Satellite Dish but in regard to billing, "not so much".

I had a very complex problem with three separate items on my invoice and although I know they are doing their best, their was a language barrier when attempting to explain my problems previously as I couldn't understand their accent.

My brother talked to a Bell technician at his house one day and told him about the same problem. The technician said that if you want an English agent, "that's simple, just call in and when prompted press 2 for French".

Seems that when you ask for French you stay within Canada with fully bilingual agents that speak both languages fluently.

I tried it, it worked! When the automated system answered my call their system asked if I wanted service in English (press 1) or service in French (press 2). I pressed 2 (if you don't understand French, press "0" a few times and you will get an operator) and spoke to a nice lady in Montreal. I know there are also many call centres in New Brunswick. She was quite amused when I told her why I called the French line and she fixed all my issues.---------------------UNQUOTE

Archived