Toronto Star reporting

A man is riding his bike through the TORONTO ZOO, when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion cage.

Suddenly, a lion grabs a cuff of her jacket sleeve and tries to pull her inside before the eyes of her screaming parents.

The man jumps off his bike, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering in pain the lion jumps back releasing the little girl, and the man brings her back to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A Toronto Star reporter witnesses the whole scene and runs up to interview the man, and says:

"Sir, that was the most gallant and brave thing I've ever witnessed . What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a Member of Parliament. It was nothing, really. I just saw this little kid in danger and did what I felt was right."

"Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this on the first page.

What party are you with?"

"The Conservative Party of Canada ."

The journalist leaves.

The following morning, the MP buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

"HARPER THUG ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH!"

Guest woxof

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

sad.gif Sadly , while overexaggerated, there is an element of truth in it. Now you know why Harper has his people avoid the media and controls access by the media. Because every interviewer is trying to make a name for themselves by trying to get an MP to slip up and say something controversial. Then the opposition is all over it calling for resignations and feigning horror at the misinterpreted or perhaps intended words said that should not have been said.

Harper's avoiding of the media is smart politics and largely due to the irresponsibility of the media and opposition to blow everything out of proportion. This has been the case for years and he knows it well.

Woxof....Now you know why.

Archived