How to increase your pension

From the hard copy of the Toronto Star April 18 2004.It wasn't placed "on line",

wonder why? Looks bad on the Liberals??...but then again almost everything else does ...these days

From Letters to the Editor

Pay pensioners same as refugees?

Re New refugee plan eyes small cities March 11 Toronto Star.

I think the effort to resettle refugees in smaller communities is an excellent effort. These refugees may find it easier to integrate into a smaller community especially if accompanied by some of their compatriots.

I also found it interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890 and each can also get an additional $580 in social assistance for a total of $2,470. This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement. Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

(name withheld)

Guest Gord

Makes you want to puke doesn't it. This unfortunately seems to be the accepted stance of governments in the western world, well, not so sure about the US but the UK is definitely travelling along the same track as Canada. Simply a load of PC bollocks where our elected officials are attempting to make themselves look good to the rest of the world and who knows, maybe they'll get a mention in the Nobel list. Of course the other reason they woo the refugee rather than the indigenous people, is that they believe that in return they will be so thankful that they will remember who helped them out when they are given the right to vote. Whereas the people who were born here or have lived here any length of time have already seen the sort of cock up these bleeders can make of things.

Politicians, aka bloody self serving friggin' sociopaths who would sell their own mothers for one last chance to stick their faces in the trough. Not my favourite people I guess you could say.

Now a photo' of them all swinging at the end of a rope would give me a chuckle mind you.

Gord'.

Archived