About those F/As and the Equity Thing

Kip Powick

Since I have become a “dot”, I have spent a fair amount of time in the back end and naturally there isn’t much to do except watch the F/As doing their job. I have said it before and I will say it again…I wouldn’t want their job. I don’t know how they put up with some of the “louts” and totally ignorant individuals so many like to call “customers and/or guests”.

I honestly think that many F/As are under-paid but I cannot go as far as saying that they should receive equal pay relative to any occupant of the flight deck. The reasons for not paying F/As the same as operating “front enders” has have been beaten to death on this forum and I shan’t dwell on that topic, but I think it would behoove all to remember that they, the F/As, have at times, a very thankless job and to paint them all as unworthy recipients of perhaps a bit more fair pay for their work is unreasonable.

We have all flown with those F/As that do excellent work and always have a winning attitude, and I am sure that many F/As feel the same way about many of the “drivers”.

Conversely there are some F/As that just put in their time and do the minimum required………… and the same can be said for various pilots as well.

Just my opinion from away out here

Archived