exF/A requires a reality check

Kip Powick

Sorry Kip, but I happen to know about this one. Kaarina has been trying to get modest support for years and battling a little known loophole in Canadian law that prevents the courts from garnishing a self-employed man's wages for child support, regardless of income level.

Beth,,,,,

get modest support

and in your opinion what she asking for is "modest support" ???

I don't know the technicalities of the loophole and I couldn't care less if the exlover is the richest man in the world....the sum she is seeking reeks of gold digging at its worst... and using her argument of "child support" is ludicrous at best.....but then again it is only a newspaper story....

Guest Starman

That's the problem with the divorce and paternity INDUSTRY in Canada. Child support has no bearing on the actual costs associated with raising children, but only on the earnings of the non-custodial parent to the delight of gold diggers and lawyers all across this great land.

Guest gate keeper

Kip.....maybe the child support she is looking for is a pay back for all of the babysitting so that she could work and support a child on her own. Or yet the child support could help the mother and son spend more time together seeing as she is trying to be both parents to a child. Kip what price is good enough to a child that grows up thinking his father who could afford to help with his up bringing, decided not to.

Archived