Actual Micro Soft Memo

Kip Powick

Memo: Mouse Balls Available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit)

Mouse Balls are now available as FRU. Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be harder and larger than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending on the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist off method.

Mouse Balls are usually not static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately, or at your next convenience.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should seek immediate technical support.

Yes that is true..it is not an actual MSMemo and I should have clarified that point...in my haste I just dropped the "header" in as I pasted the memo. It was sent to me by a friend...so let's blame him. :)

My turn to be picky....re SIMCOE((Maybe an admin can check the ips)))...

and we all know you meant ISP :> :>

Archived