Bell gouging?

Vsplat

I just received notice that my Sympatico/Long Distance Bundle will go up from 49.95 to 54.95 starting 1 Feb 05. We just absorbed an increase from 44.95 to 49.95 last March. That is an increase of 22% over 11 months!

If I tried this kind of rate hike with my clients, I would be out of business, but not before I completely destroyed any goodwill. How does Bell justify such an increase when we were told that wider access to the Internet would LOWER costs?

Time to consider alternatives. What's out there and how happy are people with the options?

Thanks

Vs

I just received notice that my Sympatico/Long Distance Bundle will go up from 49.95 to 54.95 starting 1 Feb 05.  We just absorbed an increase from 44.95 to 49.95 last March.  That is an increase of 22% over 11 months!

I feel your pain. Not a lot of options if you wish to avoid the hassle of switching ISP's and losing your email. Though if you're in the GTA and a couple of other urban areas you can go to Sprint for a pretty good deal on Local/LD phone and retain Sympatico as your ISP. Absolutely maddening angry[1].gif!!

Somewhat related..

I signed a 3 year contract with Telus in BC for a cell phone. At the time, I paid $40/month for 300 minutes, unlimited evenings/weekends 6pm-8am plus an additional $7/month for caller ID, call forwarding, etc.. I checked packages the other day and I noticed that unlimited evenings/weekends is only from 8pm-7am now! You have to PAY MORE to have your evening start at either 7pm ($10 I believe) or 6pm ($15 I believe).

You want to talk about price gouging, just check with your local cellular provider.

Oh, and btw.. Telus is the most un-user friendly company I have ever had to deal with. mad.gif

Ahh, Rich. You outed Pilotswife.....

Although most of us knew, seeing as she always signs her posts J.P.

As a customer of our gracious hosts, I highly recommend getting your own domain name and hosting through them - extremely reasonable from a cost standpoint, and the service is excellent. I've been a very happy customer for almost two years now, and I'm going to park two more domains with them in the New Year.

Archived