AC/ACE Senior Management appointments

W5

Press Release Source: AIR CANADA

ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. and Air Canada Announce Senior Management Appointments

Wednesday November 24, 5:31 pm ET

MONTREAL, Nov. 24 /CNW Telbec/ - ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. and Air Canada today announced the following senior executive appointments, effective immediately.

Sydney Isaacs, is named to the position of Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Chief Legal Officer, ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. Isaacs joined Air Canada in 2000 initially in a business development capacity and subsequently as Senior Director, Mergers and Acquisitions and most recently as Senior Director, Restructuring. He was previously a partner at Stikeman Elliott. Isaacs holds law degrees from the London School of Economics and McGill University in Montreal.

David J. Shapiro, presently Assistant General Counsel, moves to the position of Vice President and General Counsel, Air Canada, replacing John Baker who has left the Company. Prior to his joining Air Canada's Legal Branch in 1997, Shapiro was a senior associate at Davies, Ward, Phillips & Vineberg. Shapiro holds degrees from Harvard Law School, Osgoode Hall Law School, the University of Montreal, and McGill University.

Johanne Drapeau, is appointed Corporate Secretary, ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. and Air Canada. Mrs. Drapeau has been Deputy Secretary of the Corporation since 2001. Since joining Air Canada in 1981, she has held various positions in the legal branch in commercial law including the position of General Attorney. Mrs. Drapeau holds a law degree from the University of Montreal. She replaces Paul Létourneau, Air Canada Vice President and Corporate Secretary who has elected to retire after 25 years with Air Canada.

Jack McLean, is appointed Controller, ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. and Air Canada. McLean has held a wide variety of finance positions both in Montreal and Winnipeg since joining Air Canada in 1981. Prior to being named Controller, McLean was General Manager, Finance responsible for all accounting and financial reporting functions at Air Canada. McLean holds a CGA designation from the Certified General Accountants Association of Manitoba.

Oh My God!!! A house of lawyer's. Where are we going with this now. Are we going to be directed or managed to submission.

Your thoughts, Thanks

Oh My God!!! A house of lawyer's. Where are we going with this now. Are we going to be directed or managed to submission.

Your thoughts, Thanks

If there is one area where AC excels, it's the legal branch and the firms they hire. Just look at the CCAA process. AC never suffered a serious legal setback in the whole process. They even got the judge they wanted. And now ask Clive... AC's lawyers are tenacious.

I think you’re missing my point. Lets start managing this company instead of going to court and CCAA. The next time we are all kicking our lunch buckets down the road (lawyers laughing in the background). What actually saved our jobs thus far is DB and creditors attempting to recover their losses. Not because of good business and managing practices. I do however understand what you are saying.

Archived