This air rage incident got really ugly

dagger

"Further charges may be laid," said Mansueto .

It would be interesting to follow this incident. My money is on the fact that no charges will be laid. Administratively, it is easier just to scare the two individuals with hollow threats and hope the whole incident goes away.

Happens too often...mainly because of the "rights" issue, and the costs involved by the airline. Pity....

Based on the fact that I have seen individuals that almost require a forklift to get into their seats, I am glad some aircraft have armrests that rise. tongue.gif

Also kinda nice when you get a row to yourself, or just the "two of you" for a long flight, to move that armrest out of the way while inflight biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Kip, have too agree. After an incident prior to landing in YVR I was told by 2 RCMP officers that they could not charge the individual involved--only the Crown prosecutor can do that--apparantly. That would have involved filing paperwork in BC, gathering witnesses--all on the spot! SO you delay the outbound for 5 hours to charge they guy??!!!

As for the seats reclining, my guess is that any FA could tell story after story about the fights they cause. I had a personal experience with a man who refused to put his seat in the upright position prior to landing. He was seated in front of my wife and the In Charge could not convince him to move it. I was quite "Naughty Word" since the danger to my wife, should anything happen seemed quite obvious.

In the end I leaned forward and told him that I happened to be aircrew from another airline and was well acquainted with the laws in Canada and that should he not move his seat I would ensure that I him personally charged upon arrival in YYZ. I have no idea if I could have done a damn thing but it worked.

Saw the same thing last week while DH'ing and it just boggles my mind at how silly people can be.

Based on the fact that I have seen individuals that almost require a forklift to get into their seats, I am glad some aircraft have armrests that rise. tongue.gif

How do you feel about sitting next to that guy with the armrest up?

The problem I have isn't people reclining, it is people who can't make up their mind, on a recent flight, I was sitting behind this hyper-active kid who didn't sit still for 30 seconds the whole flight, meanwhile, I was trying to use a computer.

How do you feel about sitting next to that guy with the armrest up

Guess I should have clarified.......once he has been squeezed and wheezed his way into his seat, I want my space...so arm rest DOWN...if on the other had, it was Miss America..I would have no objections leaving the arm rest up biggrin.gif

Guest rattler

seats should not recline period, armrests shouldn't rise either.

Re armrests, it is the law. The CTA rules that some armrests must rise so as to allow the boarding of passengers with certain disabilities. This has been the subject of many passenger complaints (when there is no mobile armrest) and airlines have spent a great deal of money doing mods to the asile armrest to allow it to be raised.

CTA Complaints

Archived