A340 New Colours

manwest

These seats were just used to display the new seat colours. I dont know if they will be used for domestic business. I dont have a pic of the economy class seat but they will be a light green colour. But if your asking if these are the seats used in doomestic business, these are the ones currently installed on our aircraft, of course without the new colours

Interesting question. I got out my binoculars and cruised Airliners to find that: Westjet, CanJet, SkyService and Air Transat sport Proudly Canadian flags above or below the plane's ident; Air Canada, JetsGo and HMY don't.

ccairspace

It has always been felt that if you had the word CANADA painted in a 3 foot font that there was nothing else required to tell people that they were a Canadian airline.

WestJet

JetsGo

TransAt

CanJet

SkyService

do not have any mention of their Canadian identity except a little flag.

What about the big Maple Leaf ????

Pretty symbolic I think.

Indeed symbolic to those familiar with the Canadian flag, however does it have the same signifigance to all that see it overseas, or in parts of the US for that matter, who may not be familliar with the flag in the first place?

Kid

So, a question for the trivia crowd: what "flag carrier" airlines worldwide sport their country's flag on the fuselage? (I am sure there is a way to search this question, but I will be confined to a nursing home before I figure it out... biggrin.gif )

ccairspace

Indeed symbolic to those familiar with the Canadian flag, however does it have the same signifigance to all that see it overseas, or in parts of the US for that matter, who may not be familliar with the flag in the first place?

If they're not familar enough with the flag to recognise the maple leaf, how is putting the flag on the aircraft going to help????? tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Personaly I thought the new paint should have been like this aircraft smile.gif

65th_800.jpe

My Two cents.. I ran the HFX Rescue centre for 4 years and although this doesn't apply to Airlines as they don't get "lost", we did arrive at a conclusion as to the 3 worst colors to paint an aircraft.

White...hard to see on snow

Blue...hard to see on water

Green..Hard to see in the forests

The best color to paint an aircraft ?? Yellow or florescent /dayglo red.

The best color to paint an aircraft ??  Yellow or florescent /dayglo red.

Bradley used to paint a band of day-glow around the wing tips on the Twin Otters in the "old" days for that reason. (precaution not pessimism)

Kid

It has always been felt that if you had the word CANADA painted in a 3 foot font that there was nothing else required to tell people that they were a Canadian airline.

WestJet

JetsGo

TransAt

CanJet

SkyService

do not have any mention of their Canadian identity except a little flag.

...Hey Fido..go play fetch! You guys kinda got the whole CANADA(maple leaf) thing tied up in a trademark deal, I'll bet, so that itsy-bitsy Canada flag serves the rest of us all quite well, thank you! Doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure out nationality, especially on a prescribed national emblem, BIG or small!

i wonder if the canadian flag is bad business in quebec?

Rona seems to think so, their english language TV commercials state "Proudly Canadian" at the end of them, however, evidently they are not proudly Canadian enough to include that statement on their french commercials.

Labatt`s Blue (Bleue in Quebec) is another example that has substituted the maple leaf on their label for some kind of red fleur- de- lys-looking thing for marketing in Quebec.

These are just two examples of "conveniently patriotic" companies when it comes to Canada/ Quebec, there are more.

Kid

Archived