Milton: More WJ dirt to come

dagger

In an interview with the Herald, Milton said Air Canada has received calls from WestJet employees he says are concerned about activities at their company. Air Canada launched the lawsuit in April after a tip from a WestJet staffer revealed its rival had accessed a company website holding details on passenger traffic.

"Subsequent to that, we've received a lot of calls from WestJet employees in a lot of areas telling us what they've been up to," said Milton, in Calgary to discuss his book Straight from the Top: The Truth about Air Canada.

"In my view, WestJet needs to come clean with what they've been up to because we know more than has even been made public at this stage."

Milton declined to elaborate on what those other activities were, saying the matter is before the courts. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

"His (Milton's) comments are merely a transparent attempt to drive us into a discussion that should be left for the courtroom," said WestJet spokeswoman Siobhan Vinish.

"This is where this matter should be dealt with."

The exchange marked another round in the ongoing legal battle between the country's two largest carriers over the spy-versus-spy allegations in the Canadian airline industry. Montreal-based discount Jetsgo entered the fray last month, suing WestJet for $50 million over similar claims.

Milton said he's not ruling out expanding the lawsuit against WestJet in the future. Air Canada upped the ante in July, raising its $5 million suit to a claim for $170 million in compensation and $50 million in damages.

"Knowing how much more we've been told, that's not yet public, it could get a lot worse. These guys were up to amazing shenanigans at the senior-most level," he said.

"Subsequent to that, we've received a lot of calls from WestJet employees in a lot of areas telling us what they've been up to," said Milton, in Calgary to discuss his book Straight from the Top: The Truth about Air Canada.

Sooooo .... not all Westjeters are thrilled with Clive and his senior management after all. smile.gif

In an interview with the Herald, Milton said Air Canada has received calls from WestJet employees he says are concerned about activities at their company. Air Canada launched the lawsuit in April after a tip from a WestJet staffer revealed its rival had accessed a company website holding details on passenger traffic.

"In my view, WestJet needs to come clean with what they've been up to because we know more than has even been made public at this stage."

Milton declined to elaborate on what those other activities were, saying the matter is before the courts. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

"His (Milton's) comments are merely a transparent attempt to drive us into a discussion that should be left for the courtroom," said WestJet spokeswoman Siobhan Vinish.

"This is where this matter should be dealt with."

The exchange marked another round in the ongoing legal battle between the country's two largest carriers over the spy-versus-spy allegations in the Canadian airline industry. Montreal-based discount Jetsgo entered the fray last month, suing WestJet for $50 million over similar claims.

Milton said he's not ruling out expanding the lawsuit against WestJet in the future. Air Canada upped the ante in July, raising its $5 million suit to a claim for $170 million in compensation and $50 million in damages.

"Knowing how much more we've been told, that's not yet public, it could get a lot worse. These guys were up to amazing shenanigans at the senior-most level," he said.

Well since Milton has said this it must be true. He would not be saying this just to try and hurt the culture at WJ. Why not just wait and bring these people into the court to testify? It seems to me that if he has such a strong case, why then try and smear this even more? Oh, maybe that is all they have. But good for him, try and use everything they can and do the most damage they can in the short term.

Well since Milton has said this it must be true. He would not be saying this just to try and hurt the culture at WJ. Why not just wait and bring these people into the court to testify? It seems to me that if he has such a strong case, why then try and smear this even more? Oh, maybe that is all they have. But good for him, try and use everything they can and do the most damage they can in the short term.

Hey you could be right, Milton might be milking this for all it's worth but don't dismiss the possibility that it's true. Based on what we've seen for far I think Milton has more credibilty than Beddoe.

Seriously though,

Even as a westjet insider If we were dissapointed at the company and we were dissapointed by the activities.

Why would i feed into the very beast that could cause financial hardship on myself, as a stock holder?

98%or so off all employees are share holders and have a vested interest in our company....(i say our because we all share ownership)

So i find the statement to be a bit contradictory, unless we have moles inside.

Because anyone who is investing in our collective company would not be in coherts with Milton, or Air Canada

The Lawsuit may have de-stabilized the stock, but around the head office and On the line I find it has done Nothing to damage morale.

You have more disgrunted internal employees than you can even fathom, Mr milton.

Becareful not to throw stones from glass houses.

Regards

SB

The same Milton that is always getting the two sides, union and managment, to fight with each other. For the last 8+ years CB has been honest with the people at WJ, can you say the same about RM?

Perhaps he's honest with the WJ people, but that's about it. I seem to recall some pretty low remarks about Jetsgo, and it's only recently that he's stopped taking pot shots at AC every time he gets close to a reporter or a microphone.

Seriously though,

Even as a westjet insider If we were dissapointed at the company and we were dissapointed by the activities.

Why would i feed into the very beast that could cause financial hardship on myself, as a stock holder?

98%or so off all employees are share holders and have a vested interest in our company....(i say our because we all share ownership)

So i find the statement to be a bit contradictory, unless we have moles inside.

Because anyone who is investing in our collective company would not be in coherts with Milton, or Air Canada

The Lawsuit may have de-stabilized the stock, but around the head office and On the line I find it has done Nothing to damage morale.

You have more disgrunted internal employees than you can even fathom, Mr milton.

Becareful not to throw stones from glass houses.

Regards

SB

Isn't this similiar to the Steve Smith Fiasco ???

I know that not everyone at WJ hated his guts. Some were indeed sad to see him go.

Clive viewed him as a threat, ergo ...............................

As for today's musings, the silence from Clive is speaking absolute volumes. The whole "no comment, it is before the courts" is pretty lame.

I know that not everyone at WJ hated his guts. Some were indeed sad to see him go.

Clive viewed him as a threat, ergo ...............................

As for today's musings, the silence from Clive is speaking absolute volumes. The whole "no comment, it is before the courts" is pretty lame.

You complain so much about our WestJet CEO being a loud mouth and now you have your own loud mouth CEO. Take a pick on which you like better but AC's posters here are being quite the hypocrites on this matter. It won't take long before RM trips and fumbles and we too will have our fun again laughing at AC via Clive Beddoe.

Steve didn't fit into the culture. He talked the talk but forgot to walk the walk. He definitely inherited the Management versus Employee mentality from a previous work environment which did not fit well at WS. huh.gif

It won't take long before RM trips and fumbles and we too will have our fun again laughing at AC via Clive Beddoe.

yup quotes like this gotta make the average WJ employee mighty proud. Funny how we don't muse about "laughing at WJ" over here. This is serious stuff and Corporate integrity is at the heart of it - no laughing matter IMHO.

Chico

You complain so much about our WestJet CEO being a loud mouth and now you have your own loud mouth CEO. Take a pick on which you like better but AC's posters here are being quite the hypocrites on this matter. It won't take long before RM trips and fumbles and we too will have our fun again laughing at AC via Clive Beddoe.

You clowns are a truly amazing bunch.

I thought the mantra was "he is only calling a spade a spade, so what is wrong with that".

Hypocritical ??? Not in the least, I said it before and here it is again. What goes around comes around (in everything but it is particularily true in aviation), and what Clive and a few of the more unwashed WJ'ers around here are finding out is that it has come full circle.

Not near as much fun, now that the shoe has changed feet is it ? ? ?

It would be wise to remember that sort of thing.

You clowns are a truly amazing bunch.

I thought the mantra was "he is only calling a spade a spade, so what is wrong with that".

Hypocritical ??? Not in the least, I said it before and here it is again. What goes around comes around (in everything but it is particularily true in aviation), and what Clive and a few of the more unwashed WJ'ers around here are finding out is that it has come full circle.

Not near as much fun, now that the shoe has changed feet is it ? ? ?

It would be wise to remember that sort of thing.

DITTO! also, what comes around goes around. I guess Milton in his effort to dominate market share in Canada is also looking to dominate low morale in Canadian aviation by trying to drive down morale at WJ (he'll be in for a public surprise very soon). Maybe that's what his handlers are doing, "hey, he pretty much destroyed morale around here, lets put him on WestJet" Only problem is, we know he's an idiot (along with the genearl public - just had another conversation with someone non-aviation related and they said "I can't believe he's still there"? I asked them what they thought of the lawsuit and they said "I thought that was settled?"). The general, non aviation related public doesn't seem interested in this, which is why Milty is smearing it across the press. All the public wants is safe, affordable, friendly air travel. Milton knows he'll never beat us, so he'll smear us.

I guess Milton in his effort to dominate market share in Canada is also looking to dominate low morale in Canadian aviation by trying to drive down morale at WJ (he'll be in for a public surprise very soon).

Ahh No,

Nice try however, perhaps your poor morale problem should be directed in a more fitting direction.

Try the founding fathers, they stepped in it and stepped in it good. AC is going to run with this for awhile and honestly, I do not blame them one little bit.

Archived