Thank you, your account virus..

This thing is driving me muts! I'm receiving about 200 messages daily (and increasing) tiltled 'your application', 'wicked screensaver', thank you', 'that movie'. It has an attachment. I've just deleted the messages without opening the attachments.

Anyone else had this thing hit your computer and is there a fix? I ran the removal tool from the sympatico site, but that did not repair it. Your thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Pierre Garneau

Guest JakeYYZ

No change for me…just the usual penis-enlargement spam and 5-10 ads for boner pills. Lucky I guess…..er, or am I?

Guest Boy for Pele

Watch out, I keep getting one from Microsoft, saying it's a 'patch' that I need to download.

It comes from support@microsoft.com but it's not from them. It's a virus, so don't open it.

Hello Pierre,

Check the header information of the offending email. If you don't know how to read it to find the IP address click here:

http://antivirus.about.com/library/weekly/aa081903d.htm

If you know how to find it copy it and go to the link below. Paste it in the "Do Stuff" box and click. It will give you the server that the real originator of the emails is using. Report it to their abuse department (contact info will be provided) and they can take steps to shutdown the infected computer.

I'm only getting about 20 a day but I'm not jealous that you are getting more. :)

Archived