What is the fleet size now?

Flightlevels

WJ is around 50 a/c ...I was curious as to how many huls AC is flying now. Pre canadian merge and now post. I had heard that there are less huls flying than pre merge, is this correct? If true ya gotta wonder why the government put the screws to absorb Canadian. wink.gif

The government put the screws to AC because it was just before an election and Chretien believed he could win seats in Western Canada. The merged fleet at the end of 2000 was 375 aircraft. That included 47 F28s and DC-9s, as well as five Beech 1900s, an inordinate number of Dash 8-100s (65) and some 737s that the airline did not wish to make Stage 3 compliant (along with the 17 DC-9s.

At the end of 2003, the airline had 279 aircraft.

As of Dec, 31, 2004, AC will have 293 aircraft, with a couple of 767-200s back in January.

As of Dec 21, 2005, AC will have 302 aircraft, though that number now changes by the number of EMB-175s scheduled for 05 delivery minus any accelerated retirements caused by the EMB-175 deliveries. To that, add some international widebodies the company is about to acquire.

A better idea of the end 2005 situation is probably the end-2006 projection of 327 aircraft, which included 15 fins we now know as the 175.

Care to be any more specific (how many, what types, when) about the international widebodies we're about to acquire, Dagger? wink.gif

Not really specific, just talk, though the intent to add is strong. AC is apparently focussing on used 767-200ERs, 767-300ERs and a couple of A340-300s coming off lease at other carriers. We're probably talking 6-10 used aircraft in all, including the two 767-200ERS AC owns and is bringing back. This is not the future fleet decision. I don't see any new widebody orders being placed until mid- to late-2005, with deliveries following a year or two after that, which doesn't mean AC won't add even more used planes in the interim

Not really specific, just talk, though the intent to add is strong. AC is apparently focussing on used 767-200ERs, 767-300ERs and a couple of A340-300s coming off lease at other carriers. We're probably talking 6-10 used aircraft in all, including the two 767-200ERS AC owns and is bringing back. This is not the future fleet decision. I don't see any new widebody orders being placed until mid- to late-2005, with deliveries following a year or two after that, which doesn't mean AC won't add even more used planes in the interim

Thanks!

Archived