Celine's theme for AC flies high on Top 100

Guest Jiminy

Celine's theme for Air Canada flies high on Top 100

Thursday, November 11, 2004 - Page B2

It has come to this: Celine Dion's latest oeuvre, You and I -- the promo song for the new Air Canada ad campaign -- actually hit No. 1 in the mainstream adult contemporary category in July, according to Nielsen BDS. Difficult though this may be to credit, the song, included as a "bonus track" on her Live In Las Vegas album, has cracked the Top 100 most requested singles on Canadian radio stations for 23 weeks.

Celineophiles are also swarming to Air Canada's website, where a new 15-minute video contains an excerpt of the song, filmed during the diva's performance for Air Canada employees last month. Even though Air Canada CEO Robert Milton dominates the video, the site recorded 34,000 hits soon after being posted last week. The same website has the airline's new one-minute TV commercial, featuring thrilling travel vignettes from around the world. Alas, Dion doesn't actually appear in this spot, but her voice is there nonetheless, moaning in the background. You guessed it: You and I.

thegoat@globeandmail.ca

The Celine advertising/marketing campaign is starting to look like a major coup for AC. The experience so far at AC has been a little different than the one experienced at Chrysler. I'm not a big fan of her voice, but this has been great for AC.

Guest Zebigboss

In an interview Milton said you could not buy this kind of advertisement.... They are talking about our re-branding, re-launching all around the world... I tend to agree with him!

Archived