Jetsgo Rumours

Guest Sammy

OK hearing way too many rumours about JG missing payrolls, having to pay cash for fuel in YEG and laying off the MD-80 to hire off the street for the F-100. Any truth to this or just more BS?

Sammy

I scoured for truth there too... it's all BS. Except the MD80 rumour is some merit. JetsGo operates several seniority lists, this gives the ability to layoff MD pilots, which apparently ML made threats to in their recent negotiations. I haven't met a happy MD80 pilot from JetsGo lately.

I scoured for truth there too... it's all BS. Except the MD80 rumour is some merit. JetsGo operates several seniority lists, this gives the ability to layoff MD pilots, which apparently ML made threats to in their recent negotiations. I haven't met a happy MD80 pilot from JetsGo lately.

apparantly not many at WJ either who are holding share options.

apparantly not many at WJ either who are holding share options.

LOL...

I've haven't ever seen a post out of you that would indicate you're happy. You should look at something more fitting of your online personality... like a funeral director. biggrin.gif

HEY I got a buddy who's a funeral director and he's one of the happiest guys I know!

That's because there is probably a WHOLE lot more financial security in funeral directing than piloting, and I'll wager the month to month income is better too, and as we babyboomers age, it's gonna get even better.... sad.gif

ccairspace

All untrue.

ML make no such 'threat' regarding layoffs. We have one seniority list for layoffs in the proposed agreement. Other than that there are two sublists--one for captains and one for FO's.

Most MD guys I know are happy. The current issue in negotiations regarding MD pilots is the FO's who were concerned that newer hired guys on the F100 would see a left seat before them without protection on the captain seniority list. It looks like that has been solved.

All untrue.

ML make no such 'threat' regarding layoffs. We have one seniority list for layoffs in the proposed agreement. Other than that there are two sublists--one for captains and one for FO's.

Most MD guys I know are happy. The current issue in negotiations regarding MD pilots is the FO's who were concerned that newer hired guys on the F100 would see a left seat before them without protection on the captain seniority list. It looks like that has been solved.

Really? I was sitting in Arizona's with a bunch of your crews that told me otherwise. They must be mistaken.

Flight Levels---actually there is no bypass pay. They just hold the relative seniority number for when the guys upgrades--but that's not finalized as far as I know.

Spinnaker-- they were not happy with the seniority or with other issues? The FO are certainly upset about the seniority issue (as I would be) but I think the guys negotiating the contract have come up with a good solution.

In general I thik the MD guys are happy to be on the airplane, like the flying and like the ops people. With the current negotiations the new sked rules have come a long way. The BIG issue for everyone right now is the pay package. With that I agree--most people are terribly unhappy about it.

PS next time I'm in Arizona's I'll buy the beer--be a good conversation I bet biggrin.gif

JO---hmmm, no managers have left that I know of but one senior training captain did. Opportunities avail themselves and people make decisions.

Sunwings, the co. your speaking of I think, will probably take a lot of guys from Jetsgo. On the other hand I know he also has a stack of resumes from Skyservice and a handfull of resumes from WJ guys.

But I do agree that pilots will be leaving Jetsgo if they can't do something about the pay package.

Archived