Hey Neo...

ccairspace

...not sure when you'll be back to this board but wanted to share some great advice given to me by a paramedic on the subject of hangovers. If you can persuade a doc (or a paramedic) to do this for you, get yourself hooked up to an IV, run at least 2 litres of salt water into your veins (with a pinch of gravol added to the saline solution) and suck on oxygen while you're being rehydrated. Apparently you'll be great to go in no time (or two hours, which ever comes first...) biggrin.gif

Of course, I also have it on good authority that simply uncorking another bottle of wine and running that into your veins also works just as well... tongue.gif

Naramata is it?? 0.10 cents an hour?? Hmmm. Thinking...

This insomniac thanks you for nine entertaining posts this morning.

ccairspace

Are we entirely sure that the event's of this evening are a direct result of the intake of a grape product? Could it be that neo is also supplimenting his income by also growing and harvesting another crop? It's always best for a producer to perform quality control checks on his inventory from time to time, and it seems that this years crops are both winners.

ohmy.gif

Heyyyyy... c'mon... half the world (?) will tell you the best high is life itself... Neo come's along in a good mood and offers a dollop of postings that make his high spirits and boisterous joviality obvious, and you guys assume he's either tanked or under the influence of BC bud.. Is that fair? ph34r.gif

... I once flew with a man from YVR to YYZ who's hangover was sooo bad, he passed out while waiting for the one of the back lavs to be vacated... he woke up a few minutes later with an oxygen mask strapped on... The friendly FA that had resued him insisted he keep it on for a few minutes more, and afterward, he claimed he'd never been cleared of a hangover so quickly!

There must be something in that O2 stuff! cool.gif ... but coupled with an IV?... hmmmm?

Before anyone gets on a tangent, the use of 100% O2 to help cure a hangover has been debated for eons. The jury is probably still out on that one and all I can add is that O2 "seems" to make one feel better as it is a "cool and pure" gas that many feel is invigorating.

That same "feeling" can be acquired by sucking on a peppermint and, at the same time, sticking ones head out the car door window when travelling in excess of 100kmh biggrin.gif

That same "feeling" can be acquired by sucking on a peppermint and, at the same time, sticking ones head out the car door window when travelling in excess of 100kmh  biggrin.gif

Yeh, but what does it do for the hangover Kip. (Unless of course one is hanging one's head out the window for another reason...)

Do you think he would offer a AEF discount for his closest fans?????  tongue.gif

Iceman,

If we keep this up he may cork us all on sight..! laugh.gif

Of course he will notice the tenor of my contribution as being helpful and considerate and all the other things that will garner an invite to drink the really good stuff... biggrin.gif

ccairspace

Buzz... you tricked me... this looked better following your post... ["Beluah" eh?! laugh.gif ]...but never mind, I like this line so much, I'll leave it anyway.

"...no wonder I was sick [said the voice from the can]... My stomach was full of puke!" biggrin.gif

Sorry, Mitch, I thought I deleted that one so fast no-one saw. Thought it might have been in poor taste (har, har).

Fer those wondering, I had mused, briefly, on the absence of the man of the hour, and speculated that he might be busy "placing a call to Beulah on the porcelain phone".

Like yours better, Mitch.

Buzz

Of course he will notice the tenor of my contribution as being helpful and considerate and all the other things that will garner an invite to drink the really good stuff... biggrin.gif

CC

Hate to say it, but you are showing your age by showing that you only go for the vintage. wink.gif

Don't worry, I'm getting there myself! ohmy.gif

Iceman

Ladies and gentlemen,

Isn't it a sad indictment that simply by speaking or writing whimsically, some people will immediately assume that you're three sheets to the wind or chuffing on a bong the size of a furnace? Have we lost the ability to have fun, to be playful, without resorting to intoxicants? I'd like to think not. Mind you, a snoot full doesn't hurt one's sense of humor, either.

But let's make one thing perfectly clear; I grow grapes and only grapes. Yes, yes, I know that's in total defiance of any economic sense whatsoever, but there you are. The way my wife and I look at it is, any clown can make money farming pot; but it takes a real agriculturalist and a bottomless source of money to survive in traditional farming. It's a challenge in a way that banking wheelbarrow loads of cash from pot farming will never be. Until they legalize it, of course. Then those clowns will have problems!

Speaking of de-criminalization, for those who do consume the pernicious weed, I suppose there's little to be embarassed about any more. Doctors and nurses openly recommend marijuana for any number of medical situations. The Canadian Senate (I'm told they're a little old and stodgie) simply came right out and said, "Legalize it." But I think my favorite pronouncement on the whole issue came from a fairly well-known Canadian:

"Perhaps I will try it when it will no longer be criminal. I will have money for my fine and a joint in the other hand."- Jean Chretien, when he was Prime Minister of Canada.

But until then, there's always Kettle Valley 2002 Syrah from the Naramata Bench. wink.gif

neo

First of all apologies to neo for my remark's.

Now an explanation.

After reading his rather jocular remarks of that evening, I got an image in my mind of a gentleman sitting in the front room of his rather splendid house, looking out his huge window across his acres of vines as he held a glass of wine in one hand and a joint on the other. The gentleman was grinning from ear to ear as he realized that this was the life.

Forgive me my conservative, centre of the universe, shackles, but from reading some of neo's posts I have an image of a left coast tree hugging pacifist long hair joint smoking wine making hippie. This image bears absolutely no resemblance to Richard Roskell, the extremely skilled and professional Air Canada pilot just to clarify matters.

CA

I have an image of a left coast tree hugging pacifist long hair joint smoking wine making hippie. This image bears absolutely no resemblance to Richard Roskell

I'm not so sure CA... maybe you might have one or two points a little off there, but you could have the basic picture... biggrin.gif

Not such a bad picture is it? huh.gifwink.gif

You have to learn to separate the show business part from reality. Which part is reality and which part is the show, I leave to your discerning minds.

While reviewing the voluminous AEF archives this evening I came across this wonderful gem which might be appropriate for this thread...

"1. - Never post while drunk

2. - When you ignore 1. above, never post your apology while still drunk.

3. - When you ignore 2. above, don't read any of it 'til the next time you're drunk... that way it might not look so bad. laugh.gif

4. - Dont worry, be happy. - Oops, sorry, that's a guideline for something else. wink.gif

5. - When all else fails, if you always try to be honest, you won't hate yourself too badly while you're trying to crawl under the nearest rock."

-Mitch Cronin

Wiser words were never spoken. And if you're all really, really good, I may repost the apology from dagger (! blink.gif !) which lead up all that. smile.gif

neo

Now, that's a long awaited, feeeeel good thread!

Absolutely. And my humblest apologies to Neo if I offended him in any way... biggrin.gif

(I really want to stay in your good books Neo, in case I make to Naramata one day. As Iceman has already noted, I've got my eye on the vintage stuff... wink.gif )

ccairspace

Brings back memories of my "listening to Bob Marley" days........

One Love......Legalize it.......No woman no cry........Get up, stand up......Redemption Song......Could you be loved.......Jamming.......Songs of feedom......Buffalo Soldier.....

Pass the spliff.......where are those cheesies? smile.gif

On another note, I have always wanted to cycle the Kettle Valley Railroad. Did they raise the funds to re-build the trellaces that were destroyed in the fires?

The rumor is, yes they did get the funds to rebuild the trellises, mostly from the Feds. "Yeah, but they'll never rebuild them in the old wooden tier-on-tier construction," said I. But, the rumor is that they will. I'll believe it when I see it, but that is the story.

Sorry to say, the cellar is a little light on Cabernet Sauvignon; not that I don't like it just that so far the Okanagan hasn't produced any shining lights with that variety, imo. But my tastes trend away from Bordeaux varieties so I'm biased. Some smashing Pinot Noirs are beginning to emerge, including one by a friend of mine that is going to really turn some heads. I also think B.C. Shiraz and Syrahs are going to really surprise people with what we can do. Get it while you can! smile.gif

Brings back memories of my "listening to Bob Marley" days........

One Love......Legalize it.......No woman no cry........Get up, stand up......Redemption Song......Could you be loved.......Jamming.......Songs of feedom......Buffalo Soldier.....

Croc....? I know I've been wrong a zillion times or so, at least, so I can't be sure... but isn't "Legalize it" a Peter Tosh song? cool.gif

.. but isn't "Legalize it" a Peter Tosh song? 

Taken from The autobiography of Peter Tosh....

His first solo project, Legalize it, came to fruition in 1976. The album's title track, Legalize it, called for the legalization of Marijuana in Jamaica. Tosh believed that marijuana, or herb, was the healing of the nation. Peter felt that herb gave the small man a brief solace from the problems of everyday life. To Peter, herb was a source of inspiration. He wrote all of his songs after he smoked herb because it gave him spiritual enlightenment. He felt that this was why the government had declared it illegal, as a means of keeping the people down. The song caused such a great controversy that it was banned in Jamaica.

Archived