New Westjet EVP marketing and sales

dagger

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WestJet Hires Executive Vice President, Marketing & Sales

CALGARY, Alberta. November 2, 2004. WestJet announced today that it has hired Mr. Sean

Durfy as the airline’s new Executive Vice President, Marketing & Sales. Mr. Durfy will lead the

marketing, sales, scheduling and revenue teams at WestJet and will be responsible for the

development of marketing strategies.

Mr. Durfy has spent his last five years at ENMAX where he most recently held the position of

Vice President of ENMAX Corporation and President and COO of ENMAX Energy Corporation.

Okay, who was EVP marketing and sales, and what happened to him? Usually if someone leaves on great terms (retirement, better job opportunity) he is thanked in the release. Not here. Did someone get the gate?

I thought it was Bill Lamberton and he left the company almost a year ago? Clive, as I was under the impression, had "assumed" his role temporarily. I could be wrong.

So you mean that all of Mark Hill information-gathering data went to Clive's desk, at least after Lamberton left?

Okay, what is ENMAX. Is it a western based energy company? Never heard of it myself.

Wow! Does this guy ever have a lot of airline experience. It must really 'energize' the Westjet HQ staff to have Clive parachute someone in from outside the company like this.

Sean Durfy

Vice-President, Unregulated Businesses (ENMAX) and President and Chief Operating Officer (ENMAX Energy)  Mr. Durfy joined ENMAX in April 1999 and is responsible for marketing, sales, retail operations, fibre optics and energy supply. Prior to joining ENMAX, he was Director, Energy Marketing at TransAlta Energy Marketing Corporation from April 1998 to April 1999. Prior, thereto, Mr. Durfy worked in sales at Honeywell Ltd. from April 1993 to April 1998, becoming the National Site Leader in 1997. Prior, thereto, he was

Field Account Manager in Northern Alberta for General Motors Super Group, MacLaren Lintas. Mr. Durfy holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing and Finance). He serves as a director for the Calgary Zoological Society and the Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta.

I guess they had to scramble to get to the bottom of the barrel.

Wait to see how long your relief lasts.

When AC started to parachute in mgr's from outside the company with little or no airline experience in YYZ, everything ran real smooth.

That and I have some real estate in Fla for ya.........

Iceman laugh.gif

Wait to see how long your relief lasts.

When AC started to parachute in mgr's from outside the company with little or no airline experience in YYZ, everything ran real smooth.

That and I have some real estate in Fla for ya.........

Iceman laugh.gif

I have no problem with people from outside the industry taking over a job like EVP Marketing. They just have to have good people on staff advising them.

Ya I guess the rest of the management team had lots of airline experience too....

Fortunately David Neeleman was there to set up the company and get it going. Then there were a number of people with experience who came in and gave their all (Bill Lamberton and a ton of other people from CP and Time Air).

The founding fathers were wise to hire people that knew what they were doing.

Archived