Unemployed

Guest RKM

Just wanted to say to my many friends at AC I feel for you guys at this time. I know first hand how cruel business can be. Four months ago we were pulled into a meeting and told that our parent company is pulling out of Canada. We had so say, no chance to save our jobs, nothing, it was employed one month and the next unemployed. Our industry (IT) is in just as bad of shape as aviation, so what I am trying to say is, if there is any way you guys can work out a deal....DO IT! Being unemployed is no fun trust me! Best of luck to all in these troubled times.

RKM - well said. The rhetoric below is from those who probably have never experienced what it's like to be on the outside looking in. Especially in Canada.

Fact: Without a green card, you can't get a flying job in the US.

Fact: Without a JAA licence and a right to work in the UK/EU, it is difficult to work over here - things got tightened up over the last few years as the UK/EU companies are experiencing hard times as well. A few companies will still import Canadians without the JAA/Right to Work but they are few.

Fact: The only really available work for just about anyone is third world. One really doesn't want to do that.

Fellows at AC - you're now going through the tough times that EVERY other carrier in Canada from the past 50 years has undergone. Be careful for what you ask for!!! Talk to you CAI brothers. They've been there/done that, for some, many times.

I just realized that I made an error in my previous post, it should read that we had no say, not so say. Please excuse the error.

I just realized that I made an error in my previous post, it should read that we had no say, not so say. Please excuse the error.

Having been unemployed recently (C3), I could understand someone not taking kindly to that remark. One of the real limitations of this medium is sarcasm doesn't always translate well. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be anything but funny. Sometimes we need to be a little less flip when responding on a forum like this. IMHO :-)

Archived