C-GGOM

Tango Foxtrot

C-GGOM is a Dash 8 102 in the JAZZ fleet.

This aircraft was built Nov 1983, modified to a series 101 Dec 18 1985, and agin modified to a series 102 Nov 17 1986.

Yesterday morning I read the journey log whitch had been recently corrected. Our A/C 801 now has over 40,078 hours/ and 53,519 cycles !

If 801 has averaged 20 passengers per cycle 1,070,380 people have flown on this A/C. If each passenger had 1.5 bags, then 1,605,570 bags have been loaded into it. If each bag weighed 25lbs then 40,139,250 lbs of bags have been carried!

We people who work on ,fly and load this old girl are impressed!

Comments anyone?

Time to remove the pressurisation system and sell her to an African company for cargo. Costs of keeping an older aircraft like this are getting prohibitive.

She's bent and twisted, pre-mod everything, but she was always a rocket, and her reliabilty was second to none, of course that was a couple of years ago.

Now if you want to talk lemons, C-GABF s/n 25 had more gremlins than you could shake a stick at.

Tango Foxtrot???? Have we shared a couple of cool ones in cliff's cabin????

Brett

• 4 months later...

I flew both C-GABF and C-GGOM at Air Atlantic before they went to Air Nova.

And I mean I flew them in 1987.

Beleive one or both of them had a much smaller caution panel.

They were brand new back then.

James

GOM and ABF were ZX machines biggrin.gif and you're right about the caution panels, the original aircraft had all the warning lights (red) in the same panel as the caution lights, it was some where around s/n 60 that they were moved to just below the caution panel.

Brett

p.s. There isn't much traffic on this forum and if you look at the date the original posting was made you'll see it was some time ago, all these old threads re-appeared when the format was changed blink.gif

Guest PR Man

I was with Air Atlantic back in the 80-90s, and I don't think we ever had 801 (GOM) or 816 (ABF) in Torbay. Did 816 not come for Air Ailliance?

Raven (wrong login on work computer)

Guest QK AME

816 was supposed to go with Air Ontario, but because Air Ontario pilots at this time only want a/c with EFIS, Air Alliance take it and give one with EFIS to Air Ontario.

The old caution light panel was replaced on the D check in 1998 by Air Alliance at YQB. I never understand why Air BC did not modify this a/c before. The mod number is, I think 8/0235 and this mod was incorporated at DeHavilland on a/c s/n 026 and after.

GOM also wear Air Alliance color sometime between 1988 and 1991.

Hi to all you "highly trained, knowledgeable, well paid, and likeable" professionals.

If you go to the "Transport Canada" website, and if you can in find the search for

"Civil Aviation" registrations, and look at their histories, you will see both GOM and ABF registered to Air Atlantic back in the 86-87 era.

As a matter of fact, we leased ABF and started operating it 1 day before Air Nova started up.

We had Dash 7's back then.

It was "our" welcome to the neighbourhood gift, as Air Nova had been advertising that they where the first to operate the Dash-8 in Atlantic Canada.

A piece of useless history for you.

J

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just to update the story of GGOM; just got told from our Chief Pilot that she's due to be retired in the next month or two. Rumour has it that the National Air Museum may be interested in putting it on display.

Lots of guys hated it but I always thought it flew pretty well. Not much in the way of fancy equipment but then again, not much to break. smile.gif

Archived