How do I become an AME?

Guest cargonaut

Guest cargonaut

Hi folks. I'm actually a pilot at Cargojet, and happy to remain one, but my girlfriend is thinking about a career change and is seriously interested in finding out more about becoming an AME.

She knows the level of respect I have for the people who keep our planes in great shape.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where she could go to school and what is involved. We live in the Hamilton area.

She's not the kind of girl that changes my oil or anything, but she's keen, a hard worker and great with her hands.

Thanks in advance

Guest R64L977

You should ask your ground support crew for info, I know some of the fellows there and they are a good bunch for advice. Centennial College in Scarborough, or Canadore in North Bay are a couple of places. If your gf has internet access
try the following link.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ths320

Are you nuts??? I wouldn't recommend this industry to my worst enemy! You want to have all of your eggs in one basket???

Guest R64L977

It takes special people to work in the maintenance end of the industry, I don't think they are nuts.....a little bit scrambled in the head over aviation maybe. :)

It's a job like any other, the hours can suck, the pay can suck, the weather can suck...etc.etc. Only thing that counts is if one gets some sort of personal satisfaction out of it at the end of the day and feels they have a talent that can support their livelihood. Weekly purchases of lottery tickets can't hurt either. :)

Guest JETBOY

AME jobs are not that bad... As mentioned above the hours can suck but the pay is not that bad...Could be better,, but everyone says, that no matter what their occupation is!! BUT, it takes a certain kinda person to be an AME...everyone knows that!!!

I have had a couple of friends that went to Canadore and they said the program was good.
IMO, tell her to check it out

c..

Archived