Need help - AME test

Guest br801

Guest br801

Hello! anyone,

I just come to Canada and I am going to take a AME license test in Vancouver.

Is there a 100% garuantee pass traning for the test??

I already have a FAA A&P license in 1996.

thank you for help!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lupin

br801....

In Canada there is no such course.You can get some of the questions to the exams if you know people who have just written,but there are many different exams so nothing is ever garanteed.I recommand you get the asa study guides and read through those...that should give you a good start.

Lupin

• 1 month later...
Guest br801

Now I had passed six subject for M2 section, and there is only CARs test remained for M2.the book reading really gave me a hard time.(from March to June).
the question are quite different from the FAA license.I felt the TC like the books of JEPPESON very very...much instead of ASA, I used both of them to prepare , also the handbook.....I made a long note for the questions...
thank Lupin for the suggestion. and may I know that is your real name or just a user name??
I am Scott in Vancouver. Came to CA in 2002.

• 10 months later...

In my opinion if you have to take course that "guarantees" a pass on the tests then you shouldn't be an AME. The tests are designed to test you knowledge of the subject matter. You learned this stuff in college. If you payed more attention or even took an interest in aviation as a whole you would not need to have someone give you the answers.

My suggestion is to STUDY. There are study guides available for all of the subjects available at any aviation supply store.

And remember one thing...the studying NEVER ends in the AME business. You will never know it all and those who think they do are sorely mistaken.

Boestar

• 1 month later...
Guest caame

Hello! boestar,

I absolutely agree with your idea, and you should be a responsible AME , I respect you, it is true !!!

Because I felt a lot of exam question for AME is NOT a question, I had no idea after 3 times of "fail" on 3 different subjects. that is the reason I asked. For example, it asked" what is to used to express the outlet of compressor? T2,T3,T4,T5", there is No any information mentioning if it is a dual or single compressor engine, they just pick up a sentence from the book directly..... blink.gif there are a lot of example…... by the end, I used JEPPESON version and ASA version together to prepare. ph34r.gif If I just use one of them, I will absolutely get “fail”.

I am “br801” and will use my new ID now.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a booklet called C.A.R.S for the AME, buy it and read it through a number of times, do the practice tests in the back of the book and you will pass.

Be sure it is the most recent addition

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HARRY POTTER

Hello br801,

I am an newcomer to Canada too. I am planning to apply for AME licence. Could you tell me how to do it?

Your reply will be appreciated!

Guest caame
Hello br801,

I am an newcomer to Canada too. I am planning to apply for AME licence. Could you tell me how to do it?

Your reply will be appreciated!

Hello! H.P,

Yes, I could tell you the procedure in detail by E-mail.

gzluxs@hotmail.com

Hello! anyone,

I just come to Canada and I am going to take a AME license test in Vancouver. 

Is there a 100% garuantee pass traning for the test??

I already have a FAA A&P license in 1996.

thank you for help!

Why yes, as mentioned above, it's called HARD WORK AND STUDYING.

Archived