AEF contest

Guest George

Guest George

How about this for a contest?

There are several people who claim to know who Dagger is. (me included)

I enjoy his/her participation. I don't want to "out" him because that might end his/her participation on the forum.

So, if dagger is willing, how about everyone contact the person who they think dagger is, using your forum handle, and if the real dagger is contacted by an AEFer then the real dagger will post their name(s), acknowledging their correct guess....

Contact dagger by leaving a voice mail/email at their office. No working hours phone calls please....

Dagger, are you up for that? AEFers, are you up for that?

I think that is a really good way to lose Dagger as a contributor to this site, attempting to "out" him. You are only attempting to satisfy your own curiousity. To what end?

I've not revealed Dagger's identity to anyone, and kept my bargain with anyone that contributed to the former AEF wishing to maitain anonymity. There is a trade-off for that anonymity, of course. There are contributions of value, and some that demean us all. A posting within the last couple of days mentioned that the cross section here did not represent a certain group, however the postings here do reflect upon us all.

If one must place the "outing" on a spectrum, I don't believe that contibutors such as Dagger should be the target of "outing" vs some much more deserving candidates.

Bad idea, in my opinion. George, I've actually enjoyed many of your posts, but this one isn't one of them.

...imo!

JW

In all seriousness, I think you are fishing. Personally I would prefer if everyone used their real name, but such is life.

Why pick on one person??? Perhaps it bothers some that one individual has some strong opinions and can almost always back up his points with actual data. Why not just concede that he "normally" knows what he speaks of and perhaps at times his opinion irks a few but in all honest he doesn't really patronize anyone, and possibly that anoys a few.

Count me out...although I do know who he is, and that's a fact.:)

Back when JW ran this forum, they tried to "out" dagger and didn't succeed so why do you think it's any different now? Besides, the posters who do know who he is are very well respected on this forum (Kip and JW for example)and if they say he dosn't work for AC we should take them at their word.

There is nothing to be gained in this contest, only the possibility of losing the insight of a valuable forum contributor.

"Besides, the posters who do know who he is are very well respected on this forum (Kip and JW for example)and if they say he dosn't work for AC we should take them at their word."

- That's a crock of crap. Neither JW or Kip know who Dagger is. Dagger is an expert at anonymity. But then again, he has been seen commuting daily from YOW to YUL (on his PY1) to keep Milty happy. ???????

You new here......?? Years before this AEF JW ran AEF and you couldn't get on without advising the "host" who you were so that leads one to believe JW knows who DAGGER is.

And me?? Yes, I know who he is , where he lives, what he does etc., and if you are so damned sure who he is, where and when he travels, why don't you approach him with your suspicions ????

Best you learn to take some statements at face value or you're going to end up with egg on your face :).....or are you aslso on a "fishing" expedition like good old "George" ;)

Get real, if someone is going to pick a pseudonym, "Kip Powick"? Huh?, Dack Manly or Dexter Mainwaring would be mine!!
Spend a little more time here before slinging your arrows. Dexter Mainwaring hmmm, see above post!

"You new here......?? Years before this AEF JW ran AEF and you couldn't get on without advising the "host" who you were so that leads one to believe JW knows who DAGGER is."

The HOST game is a joke. You can display through numerous proxys/anonymity sites etc like most people did before JW pulled the plug and you know it. ;-)

"You new here......?? Years before this AEF JW ran AEF and you couldn't get on without advising the "host" who you were so that leads one to believe JW knows who DAGGER is."

The HOST game is a joke. You can display through numerous proxys/anonymity sites etc like most people did before JW pulled the plug and you know it. ;-)

Last name is correct(real)...First name is a nickname...and if you lived on a farm, and had a slaughter house you would be able to ascertain the possible reason for the first name :)

My "real" first name is not my favourite although it is a guys name, but sadly my Mom wanted a girl and when I arrived she decided to use part of a girls name and ended up with my real name..Confusing ???:s

Scuba 02 never knew my real name until I signed the register after we were married and on 13 March that will be 38 years ago ...is that TMI ???

That's why some of us appreciate you. But even I have to admit that you come across as more knowledgeable and insightful than most in aviation matters, so I can see why some think that you are related to AC in some way.

Archived