$30.000.000 saving

Guest croupier

Guest croupier

By just switching to a preferential bidding system for AC flight attendants, an 8 to 9% increase in productivity can be achieved, translating in more than 30 million in savings. Just cannot understand the reluctance of AC’s management to switch to ex Cail’s SOLO system. Under this system one gets paid for what one works unlike their present line bid system.

Guest CarryOn

The company would not go with solo (as great as it was) and the union would not take PBS. so, we are the most archaic, inefficient, overstaffed( due to line bidding) airline in the world. I just don't get it.

Guest Starman

CUPE will go to preferential bidding and count it as part of their contribution to increased productivity in the company. It's a croc...

Having done both line bidding and PBS, either Solo or PBS is light years ahead of line bidding. PBS gives me a better block every month of the year and if, (and that's a big if), I get one or 2 days less vacation it's more than worth it.

Greg Robinson

Guest Starman

Many of us have worked with both systems and I have yet to find a flight attendant who has experience with both who does not prefer preferential bidding. So it would appear that CUPE's reluctance to switch has more to do with wanted to negotiate something for the cost saving than with protecting the working conditions of it's members. You can bet that when ACPA and the other unions come up with an 8% productiviy improvement CUPE will agree to give up line bidding as their contribution in matching the 8%. As I said before, it's a croc...

I think that if this restructuring is going to work CUPE will have to do a lot more than go to preferential bidding. However it would be a win win so that can't be a bad thing.

Guest Starman

It would be a "win, win" but everyone knew that from the beginning. And when we all sit down with specific percentage targets to achieve in order to improve productivity CUPE will use this number as a big part of their contribution to the cause, even though they could have saved the company a very needed $30 million just by integrating into the SOLO system as the merge took place.

Guest croupier

AC was not interested in the SOLO system during the last FA contract negotations. That is 3 months ago.

Archived