Question for admin

Guest SYD

Could you please clarify who edited exGXer's post, if moderator or admin, please explain why.

posted Thurs Mar 6 at 8:25:23 pm

I would just like to understand the posting guidelines.

You might email them for your answer as they don't have the time to read every post. The post that was deleted was probably done so at the request of a few individuals.

info_@theairlinewebsite.com

Posting guidelines are available on the site elsewhere, and there is a link for that section which comes up everytime you go to the POSTINGS page. It should be in your bottom window, of the initial page.I believe it is at the hosts discretion as to what posts may pose a controversy, and thus can be deleted. I am sure they do not delete a post just for the fun of it.

Did ACPA ask for it to be removed from this site??

Was it tagged on the private ACPA forum as for internal use only, not to be made public?

What is the policy of the secure ACPA site, regarding posts, are all posts to be considered sensitive and not for public consumption?

Just a few questions I'd thought of.

The post in question as far as I know, was edited by someone, "because some people complained". The hosts here can do as they please with their site. Just wonder if it would have happened if anyone other than AC pilot's were involved.
The IAM issues memo's and they are ALL public, as I believe the CAW and CUPE do, This is just highlights the secretive nature of ACPA
IMO

You are reaching now SYD.

I don’t know, did ACPA call? If they did should they tell you, if they did should admin tell you, or must you leave some of the decisions to the facilitator of the forum, kind of like it directs you and assumes you will abide by every time you visit Does it not say that essentially every time you open this site?

As has been mentioned, I think when you get a password to the secure side of the ACPA forum or an address on the bulk email recipient list that you agree to an unwritten understanding. Who do you think has access to these two mediums and why do you think it is structured that way? Was it tagged? Kidding right?

Does the IAM bulk email the Star, Globe Post, your brother in law etc?. How about CUPE? Your assumptions border ridiculous.

If exGXer has such strong convictions in his actions perhaps he can post his name on the ACPA forum, stop hiding like some scared little elementary school aged child and then you will not have to waste your time trying to justify his or her actions.

Whaddya say to that?

You feel I'm reaching, fine with me.

The info in question is relevant to all AC employee's yet some feel it should be kept secret. When I read about ACPA members wanting other unions to share the pain equally and then I see those same members not willing to let info be made public I will question it.
You don't like it, well it's a semi free country.

ya, it is a semi free country. Are you an ACPA pilot SYD and could you answer some of my earlier questions to you?..

Are you saying you want to know every single and inconsequential development of all unions, management and the government as this challenge unfolds?.. When you and your girlfriend discuss your plan to head out for the night with the boys, do you email all your buddies, her pals, both sets of parents in law, the grandparents and the club owner, every detail of the discussion or do you just call your buds and tell then you are inbound?

Also, have no fear about the direction of ACPA and ACPA’s intent to include you and every other employee of Air Canada of the intended direction, once we have an intended direction.

It sounds like you are not connected to ACPA for you seem to have missed the current affairs by a mile.

cheers

dragon, no I am not part of ACPA, I am a lowly IAM worker.

"Are you saying you want to know every single and inconsequential development of all unions, management and the government as this challenge unfolds

I do not call the concession that AC wants from us inconsequential. This is what I am talking about dragon, VERY important info TO EVERY AC UNION EMPLOYEE. Yet you and others don't think anyone other than pilot's have the right to know.
I had thought of posting them, but I'm sure you and others would complain and have it removed again. No sense in any further discussion here. You win.

SYD,

No one won anything. Please get off your anti pilot bandwagon, it is passé and not beneficial to our collective cause either.

I can promise you that you have never read a derogatory comment come from me with respect to yourself, your department or any other colleague of ours. If you chose that label for yourself, please do not connect that to me..

The challenge is important SYD, every memo produced is not consequential. Your leader talks to you as does our leader speak with us. After that all our leaders speak amongst each other and finally, all our leaders meet with leaders of Air Canada’s management team. Following that, we are ALL sent identical notices of the consequential changes affecting us. [us equals all of us, including pilots]

I realize these are stressful times and I too wonder what the IAM, CUPE, the CAW and management are thinking. Public forums are not the venue to gather and disseminate secure information. You come into my office because I have a problem and I need your help. The vast majority of pilots feel this way. As you work away, ask us what we think, what is going on, most guys would be more than happy to take a moment to discuss current strategies with you, cultivate a relationship. From there, go and discuss with your colleagues and family.

Think this through and challenge yourself and your colleagues to be a part of the solution and not the problem.

That is just one person’s opinion SYD.

Cheers comrade

Guest Labtec

You may want to get some legal advice. The very fact that you folks that run this board "moderate" the postings means that unless you almost immediately read and censor each and every post that may contain defamatory statements you will be liable for those tortious statements. By deleting postings in an effort to censor what is written here you have ensured your liability. It is ironic that if you chose not to censor this board, and refrained from editing any of the postings, you would not be liable for any defamatory statements. It is your very act of censorship that has sealed your liability. If this was an unmoderated free-for-all posters would be tortiously liable for their own statements. It was very generous of the moderators to accept this liability. Personally, I wouldn't have.

This issue has not been specifically addressed by the SCC but a few of the Provincial Courts of Appeal have rendered judgements in this area. It is kind of ironic that your actions resulting from your fear of litigation have effectively ensured your liability.

The foregoing statement is only the authors opinion and no warranty as to its accuracy or validity is either expressed or implied. Persons relying on the content of the foregoing statements do so at their own risk. ;-)

Labtec

Archived