Confused??

Guest G-Man

I am Confused!! I transfered to YVR from another city as an A/C emp. An found myself from going to a 5-2 shift which rotated days and mids. too a 4 - 4 shift steady mids on the line which was cool.. Now I find out thru the grapevine that My local Union 140 YVR has insisted on pushing us back in time to a 5-2 fixed days off, if they don't get there way?? The problem I and a few others have found on my crew, certian Union (IAM exutives) have taken it upon themselves to iniciate this without talking to everyone, basically all of the people involved.. Mind you there was a request by the day shift crew and Mids to talk with our local executives, but alas they where to busy to talk with us underlings (but please pay your union dues!!). I thought Dictatorships didn't exist!! And one wonders Maybe CAMA is worth while signing up for.. (by the way I am not a memeber) but the way things are going especially with local 140 in YVR, CAMA is looking very good!! I do have to make a small note! I have belonged to YWG IAM local, and I have found that the Union Executives to be alot more excesible and not as evasive as the union in YVR, I guess in YWG they aren't as arrogant as in YVR.. Just an opion!!

Cheers..

G-Man

Have a close look at the contract, and list the articles that deal directly with maint concerns, then have a close look here http://www.canama.ca/

I hope you'll see that the status quo is not the way to go, and if you need further convincing check out the "UPS TA" posted below.

Brett

G-Man,
to further help you in your decision, take a look at the latest results from USAIR on the vote to accept concession.I the first vote the mechanics voted no to concession, the IAM in turn told the mechanics they were confused on the package and began their scare tactics and invoked another vote.The real kicker to it all is,with several hour remaining to vote and many people still voting, the IAM released the vote results.The IAM sold out their membership with lies, deceit and basic vote fixing,why? It was decided that if the IAM was able to get the entire membership to accept concessions, the IAM would recieve 1.25 million dollars in compensation and a seat on the board of directors,the IAM is attempting to peddle the same deceit to the mechanics at UAL.
I think this would more than finalize my decision!!!!!

Archived