moving x Canada

xkbal

I know number of people here have moved recently for work. Anybody have suggestions of the most affordable way of moving Mississauga to Edmonton. I have a 1 bedroom apartment, not a lot of stuff. I had considered renting a trailer but that would likely kill the poor ol Neon towing that far.

Thanks

That's kind of what I expected. I was hoping to be able to save some money. U-Haul wasn't priced too bad for truck and dolly but I've heard so many horror stories about them I'm trying to avoid them. When you start looking at companies like Ryder it works out to close to the same cost to get a moving company to do it. That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Thanks

I was trying to avoid U-Haul for the reasons you mentioned. I caled Ryder for a quote but the price will end up being pretty close to paying a moving company to do it so that's probably what I'll do.

Thanks

Hi xkbal: I would also suggest you take the Trans Canada Highway via Cochrane and Kap rather than the Soo and Wawa. The road is much better with a lot less steep hills. It'll be a lot easier on gas. I've done the route half a dozen times in the past 20 years!! Good luck. You'll enjoy Edmonton!

Hey xkbal, congradulations on moving to the city of champions. Just a little north of where you really want to be- YYC lol. We are moving from YYC to YHZ and checked out all the options. We found a guy who sets up loads with trucks, a trucking broker or something like that. We are getting 8'x53' for $3500.00 which is much less than anyone else, and we don't have to pay for the gas. Maybe check in your area for such a broker. Good luck, CJ

Guest flyersclub

a few years back we rented a ryder truck to move family from ycg to yyc, long haul through mountains, went ok but we hit yyc and the brakes completely failed ... hmmm, imagine if they had failed hours before in the mts. ... so go with the moving company, talk to them, say you are broke, they will put your stuff on a van with other people's, if you don't need rush. i moved 35 times in 33 years, trust me it's the most painless choice!

Archived