YYZ Mtce.

Mitch Cronin

A curious thing happened last night as I attempted to complete some work on a 737 in bay 9...

The ground power we had access to was spiking the voltage every time we tried to use the hydraulic pumps and would instantly trip the ground power off... So we did all we could without hydraulics and then pushed the tail out the door to run the APU while we did some Yaw Damper trouble shooting and repair... At some point I was informed by our Bay 8 "Team Leader" that he'd had a call from the Bay 10 "Team Leader" saying his guys working on an A340 also in bay 9 had walked off the job 2 hours ago when we opened the doors and fired up the APU, and would we bloody well either go in or go out.

There's a few things that seem wrong to me there... For one thing, it was so warm out in the rain that I was sweating working with a coat and vest, and for another, I can't for the life of me understand why that was the process of events...

I wear GREEN now!... Talk to me. My name's Mitch and I will listen to anyone who talks to me. Complaining to the supervisor is an understandable act IF you have approached me and I did not listen.

How long will it take for some folks to recognize we play for the same team now?

Mitch,the power supply is brutal in bay 8 and 9,if you have a 340 pugged in this bird is a power pig,it just sucks so much juice that you can not even run an rj on the same phase.The door issue is another thing,some one came up with the idea that you can not run the apu with the tail hanging out of the hangar the so call rule is that the aircraft must be completely out side before the apu is started,I know what you are thinking and yes I agree "stupid rule"

Archived