GTAA services

Guest jettech

Guest jettech

Latest rumour has GTAA handling all services when the new terminal is complete. This includes bag tossers.Can anyone confirm this? If it is then I believe other airports would follow suit.If this IS true and there ends up being less rampies in the IAM, this could mean more of a voice for the licences. I see big changes (potentially) coming for all ground staff in the next few years!!;)

The GTAA has supposedly approached AC about this and the word on the street is that AC has signed an agreement.
You must remember that YYZ is only one station.

It's been a rumour since Turpin took over the GTAA, but nothing has been signed. Sorry to get your hopes up. AC has a major concern about customer service if the GTAA is responsible for baggage and all ramp functions. "Oh. I'm sorry sir, your bags aren't here yet, but there's nothing we can do, you must go to the GTAA and complain to them" You think the press AC get's is bad now???...
They have taken a look at what's happened at other airports where this is done and aren't impressed. SFO was glad to see the back of
Turpin, and his dictatorship, and so will YYZ.

I never said I was wishing this would happen,FYI my son is a station attendant,so why would I wish for him to possibly lose his job??????????

My post was in response to jettech, as is noted in the header of my post.

"If this IS true and there ends up being less rampies in the IAM, this could mean more of a voice for the licences."

Sorry, I know it is a contentious issue for the mtce side, but sure seems to me that this person is hoping for less "rampies".

What would be the reaction if GTAA were to offer mtce services at YYZ?

GTAA (Turpin) wants it all, so if they get a foot in the door ever, no one will be safe.
IMO
CA

Archived