Layoff reductions

buzz

The company has decided to back off on lay offs at certain stations,Yul,YWG,YOW,plus YHZ,YEG,have had numbers reduced,is it possible that we are not in as bad a shape as we first thought,or were led to believe

Good to see you here Chief!

I've got a question for you: Would you consider it 'paranoia' to be wondering if the brass might be simply defering the layoffs until after Dec. 9, so they wouldn't have to pay for any moves? From the sound of statements made a few days ago, it was apparent the local managers (YYZ) expected a hell of a lot of bumping to happen....

And no one I've asked is saying who these 2 new contracts are supposed to be with.... I dunno, it smells a little fishy...

Cheers,

Mitch

Mitch,

I don't know about station attendants but I know that for maintenance people bumping they must go to where the junior man is, and if I am not mistaken that is yul.(that is of course under the AC contract

Yep, but until the 9th of Dec., we're still under our contract... and any base that has a guy junior is fair game. The costs to the company could have been enourmous!

Archived