AC Tech OPs hiring?

Guest Chef

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if any hiring will take place reference the recent RJ maintenance contracts signed by other airlines?

I have a nephew who has 2 years experience in avionics (some of it on RJs at Bombardier) and a CEGEP diploma from l'Ecole Aérotechnique; who he be in the Ballpark for any potential hire? Is there a backlog of unemployed C3/Royal mechanics out there?

Thanx in advance for any info.

Chef

Guest ame767

air canada is hiring mtc people in yvr and especially in ywg. apparently they have quite a few applicants in yvr but are coming up short in ywg. recent changes to the hiring policy mandate that the applicant be 'ame-able' but that should be no problem. they are hiring 57 tech-ops in winnipeg, of the various trades, avionics included. don't know how many in vancouver.

Guest Mitch

My understanding is that hiring in Toronto has also been given a green light... No idea what kind of numbers, but things are improving in aviation in general and your nephew will not have to wait long... providing that school you mentioned is recognized as one of TC's 'approved' schools.

ACR is hiring at just about every base, YVR, YYC,YYZ,YXU,YUL and YHZ.

Avionics with RJ time, He should just about be able to pick his base smile.gif

Brett

Guest Canmech

Hi Chef,

Air Canada ,YVR Overhaul,started hiring in Feb(150 in total to be hired)with hiring continuing into April.As for C3 mechs we have hired about 8 ex-C3 in overhaul.The hiring is still going on...every Monday there is a class of new hires taking a tour of the barn.Later Canmech!

Archived