Technik

Guest canmech

I'm was wondering if anyone has any information on Lufthansa maintenance divsion 'TECHNIK'? In particular when it was formed and what benifits were retained by the former Lufthansa Maintenance employees?Thanks,Canmech!

Howdy Canmech.

I only have word of mouth that they did not keep their pass flying benefits.

The IAM put out a letter you may have seen... in it they said AC has stated they have no intention of reducing any of our benefits... but again, that too is not from any horses mouth.

Cheers,

Mitch

Hey Mitch,

Robin Wohnsigl,president of Technical Services paid Vancouver a visit a couple of weeks ago.He stated that Air Canada fully intended of maintaining flight benifits for the current Air Canada employees.He went on to say that the original plan of branching off Tech Ops(phase one) in early 2002 and the final phase of a totally separate company (possible IPO ) late 2002 has been changed.Robin Wohnsigl stated that Robert Milton approached him to see if the whole transition process could be completed within 45 days.According to Mr Wohnsigl and as Dr. Evil would say Tecnical Services is reportedly worth an estimated '1.8 bbbbillion dollars'.Due to the current finacial situation of the airline,Air Canada is looking to raise some money and is selling off 30% of the soon to be formed Air Canada Technical Services.He talked of the maintenance in Calgary/ACR and that it has been discussed in future plans of 'possibly' merging the ACR maintenance members into Air Canada Techical Services.Again I repeat just 'talk' and 'possible'.I do not doubt we will retain our flight benifits but for how long is the question??? Later ,Canmech !

Hi Canmech,

Did you read the IAM bulletin today at work about Air Canada's present financial situation and that they want to establish this separate Maintenance, Overhaul and Repair organization as soon as possible?

I couldn't find a date on the copy that I saw and I am wondering if it is very NEW news or is it from a couple of weeks old Wohsignl's(sp) visit?

Thanks...w

When AC sold off their IT section the same questions were asked about benefits.The result being that the IT group kept their benefits for aprox 6 months then it was see ya!

To Woman:The technical services news is very new,it caught all of us off guard,but low and behold the IAM new about this for a long time and didn't tell any one!GO FIGURE!

Not entirely correct. The IT people who worked at AC at the spinoff still have personal passes although no self ticketing privleges. Seniority stopped accumulating at the spinoff and as long as they keep working on the AC IT contract they keep the passes. There are no family affair or partner passes. Plus those who had at least ten years at spinoff time and retire will get 2 passes. If they retire after a combined AC & spinoff time of 15 years they get a few more, etc.

Not really perfect but bearable. Also this was actually a sale of a division to another company not a subsidiary spinoff so tech ops will probably fare better. Just MHO of course

• 3 weeks later...

When the company made the announcement in the apropos magazine it was to inform every one that tech ops was going to be a separate profit center but remain in Air Canada,but now we are to become a separate company with our own IPO (public share offering)which no one was informed of except the so called leadership of the IAM (idiots against mechanics)who refused to inform the membership!I think they are confused as to who they represent

Archived