Not My Day

Kip Powick

In 2019 my All Inclusive scuba vacation (via TS), in San Andres,(ADZ), was cut short when I awoke one morning to see a sheet of paper had been slipped under my room’s door.

Basically, the note said I was to leave “tomorrow” and if I chose not to, I would have to find my own way home. Obviously, I took the flight back to Canada. (Pandemic was starting)

I was given a  refund / voucher for the two missed weeks down south and advised I had to be booked by 31 DEC 2022 for any flights by TS in 2023.

In the meantime, TS cancelled all  future flights to ADZ. I figured I would book a trip now for a flight  out west on TS , perhaps in the Spring or Fall.

My contact in ADZ advised me that Sunwing was flying into ADZ so  In October I booked with WG for a flight in March 2023 for 3 weeks of scuba .

Rec’d an email Wednesday  that WG has cancelled all flights to ADZ until “possibly” next April. Offered a refund for my down payment or take a different vacation and receive $100.00 voucher  toward the “new” trip. I have been given 7 days to make a decision or lose my REFUND.

I can work my way down to ADZ  by AC to Bogota and take a local Columbian airline back to ADZ, however, when that is all worked out with a hotel etc., it becomes quite expensive……An All Inclusive package from Canada is always less expensive and not as time consuming with respect to travel.

Took 2 ½ days to get through to Sunwing………taking the refund...

I feel like...  good old Joe Btfspikjoe.jpg

Hope you have a nice weekend 😉

• 2 weeks later...