1. Should the non-aviations discussions forums be kept open and available for members?

Skeptic

Our forum owner has given us the opportunity to voice our opinion but only 23 members have voted. A little bit like the last federal election.  😀 If you care, one way or the other please vote or remain silent re the results. 🙃

The poll can be accessed at:

Postings after the one above have been deleted. Admin was kind enough to put out a poll based on a posting that I clearly marked as MY OPINION . 

You may , or may not vote, but when a thread becomes a "urinating contest " it is time to cease the dialogue.

No matter the outcome, members will abide ........so please stopp beating a dead horse about an issue that will be democratically resolved.

5 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Postings after the one above have been deleted. Admin was kind enough to put out a poll based on a posting that I clearly marked as MY OPINION . 

You may , or may not vote, but when a thread becomes a "urinating contest " it is time to cease the dialogue.

No matter the outcome, members will abide ........so please stopp beating a dead horse about an issue that will be democratically resolved.

Seeing as how for some reason there is no way to give a trophy to Kip's post the this reply will have to do. 🙂

TROPHY FOR KIP!!!!!

• Like 1

How does one access these "non-aviation" forums?

Discussing "political responses", I remember not long ago initiating a discussion about the SFO "missed approach" ( and near disaster) and the "loss" of the CVR tape for the crucial moments preceding "recovery".

That "conversation" was shut down fairly quickly by a poster (or two) who was at pains to ensure no fault was expressly attributed to the crew.

I have also been a member of this forum for over 20 years and remember "fondly" the discussions about Regional mergers and lawsuits. I remain of the belief that those discussions were meritorious and should have been worthy of review by "aviators".

Finally ( thank heaven), I was of the opinion that "travel-related" discussions/debates were properly posted on this forum as aviation-related. Although I was personally faulted ...someone wasn't buying what I was selling.....the issues of PCR testing and vaccination were in fact very important to airline crew who deigned to invoke the privilege of pass travel.

And...I personally know of two pilots who sacrificed their career rather than submit to mandatory vaccination.

The pandemic is over? 2400 cases in Michigan yesterday. Not much has changed in a year...except for the rules!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.