CAMA Info requested

Guest Skydrol

Guest Skydrol

Hi,

I'm new here! I'm interested in the CAMA, The Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Association. Can Ken or anyone else send me some information or point me to a web site? I can't find any information about it anywhere.

It's more of a thought than a thing at the moment. Read through the AMFA's constitution and you'll get the idea.

Basically it's Ken's idea to create a Canadian version in answer to those who think one based in the USA won't work for us.

Cheers,

Mitch

Mitch actually AMFA does not want to come to Canada. But we have to get the ball rolling to get out from the grips of the evil IAM empire!!

I don't know this for sure, but I have a suspicion that the rumour of AMFA's lack of interest is false. I have heard from someone who claims they are indeed interested, and I have communicated with Joseph Prisco who seemed to indicate there would be an interest. I think it was Robert Manti who had some communication with O.V. Dell Famine (sp?) and again there was an interest.

The difficulty comes with the fact that we need to create the opening ourselves... They can't arrive with guns blazing and pry their way in past the IAM... We have to get ourselves into a position where the door is open already.

Now, whether we do that by first creating our own association (CAMA?), or whatever, I firmly believe (as do many I have spoken with) that in the final analysis we'd be much better off with the backing of an established and experienced group already created and dedicated to our cause. Read their constitution... you'll find it is built with possibilities for inclusion of areas not yet covered (ie. Canada).

Cheers,

Mitch

Archived