The Twin Otter Pub

Tango Foxtrot

The Twin Otter Pub has been on the local news a few times lately.  I have never been there, but plan on going soon. 

"David Bowie " apparently flew Twin Otters with Ken Borek Air. I have a feeling Somebody here knows him 🤔.

And yes,  I to am wondering about happy hour? 

5 hours ago, conehead said:

It's always 5:00 somewhere. 🍻

That's exactly what I was going to post!  Reminds me of a bit from Earnest Gann's autobiography - his rule was no drinking before local sunset.  Harsh!  I would find that hard to abide.

If I had any critique of the place it would be the nachos. They used a processed cheese rather than freshly grated. Washrooms were nice and clean though.

I've never been to the place (and will never likely get there) but it doesn't seem like a "true" pilot hangout.  The clues for this are; a picture on the webpage of a martini glass perched on a napkin coaster and a reference to "a chef inspired menu" neither of which is appropriate for a pilot bar.  I would guess there's just enough "aviation" to pull in the pilots but not so much as to scare off their wives.  That's not a criticism, just an observation.  

Kind of like a place that bills itself as being outdoorsy and Canadian because they have a canoe hanging from the ceiling but in every other way is indistinguishable from a Montana's Roadhouse or a place that calls itself an "Irish Pub" because they have Guinness on tap but the menu is fish tacos and pizza.

As I said, not a criticism, I don't need to be surrounded by aviation memorabilia when I eat and if it's truly owned by a pilot (ex-pilot) I wish him every success.  Owning a restaurant is a tough go between attracting people with an interesting atmosphere but not so much as to scare off the rest.

Can't argue with any of those observations. For me a pilot bar needs an airport nearby.

• Like 1