DOUBLE LAITE

buzz

Here is a good one,it seems here in YYZ that there has been a grievance filed due to the fact that the company management stooges in their wisdom decided to promote the senior person per crew to double laite instead of going by the seniority list.There are people who are double laite's right now who have been LAT's for only six months.The company has admitted the screw up and it looks like we may ALL get paid as double LAITE's until this mega fu** up is solved,god I love this business

Extremely unlikely... it'll just be the chosen ones... or the blue eyed boys... or the golden boys... biggrin.gif The folk on the upper list, that is. (if true)

Guest Canmech

Hi Buzz,

I think if this turns out to be true,I could only see it applying to the employees that are LLAT qualified(CAT's,AE2's & ICC).IMHO!Later Canmech!

I asked about this situation some time ago, thanks for bringing it up.

In ywg (AC heavy)no-one is being paid as a LLAT till at least feb. or later, then at that time the 'chosen few' will be paid retroactively.

original plan was to make up every-one elegible then lay them off immiediatly so they would have recall when the system came in, but i quess they thought that was too much trouble...lets see where that thinking gets them.

In the cail world who was responsible for directing non-licensed people... non-licensed mechs, trim and finish, sheet metal, avionics? AC world, CAT handled job direction for mechs, each of others had leads, and Cat or inspector (heavy only) handled mtc release for every one. CAT never worked under the job direction of another...not enough to go around as company always limited number of positions they would give out.

Now with transition to LAT, LLAT, it will mean many more licenses and a lot more money. They have said they expect to save 25%... I don't see where.

Archived