Canada Jetlines

Guest1

CANADIAN AVIATION NEWS

image.png.32caa4de713bbb8ea94728f9dce53949.pngCANADIAN AIRLINE AND INDUSTRY NEWS

Canada Jetlines Receives First A320-200 Aircraft from Jackson Square Aviation

cam_01_v02_hr.jpg?w=1024

TORONTO, ON, Dec. 27, 2021 – Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. (NEO: CJET) (“Canada Jetlines”) is thrilled to announce the delivery of its first A320-200 aircraft from Jackson Square Aviation, a leading global commercial aircraft lessor, offering customized fleet solutions and proactive services. With a projected growth of 15 aircrafts by 2025, Canada Jetlines aims to offer the best-in-class operating economics, efficient aircraft design, and accessible flight options without sacrificing quality or convenience. 

The newly established all-Canadian carrier will provide convenient air travel options offering more value and travel choices than competitors to coveted sun-destinations, with launch slated for Spring of 2022.

“This is a milestone day for our team as we get to witness the inception of our branded fleet, with the delivery of our first aircraft,” shared Brad Warren, VP Maintenance Operations for Canada Jetlines. “We have collectively been building towards this moment and we couldn’t be happier to partner with Jackson Square Aviation as we prepare for take-off early next year.”

“We are excited to be a part of Canada Jetlines journey to launch operations as Canada’s newest charter airline, and are delighted to welcome the airline as our newest customer,” said John Yanney, JSA Head of Americas Marketing & OEM Relations. He added, “We look forward to developing a long-term partnership with Canada Jetlines as the airline begins to flourish and build upon its future successes as they commence flying in 2022.”

Please visit www.jetlines.com to sign up for email updates and follow on all social media platforms to join the Jetlines family.

About Canada Jetlines

...and in keeping with their ultra low cost business model, the company branding was developed by Olivia...an eighth grader from S.Bruce Smith Jr. High in Edmonton.

• Haha 1

I guess it isn't much of a problem since Flair led the way with a fairly unconventional abhorrent graphical schmear upon their aircraft.

27 minutes ago, JL said:

I guess it isn't much of a problem since Flair led the way with a fairly unconventional abhorrent graphical schmear upon their aircraft.

So says who??????   I can remember the outcry from some when CP went ORANGE>>>>> 😀 

....ahhh yes, the bold, beautiful and harmonious balanced display that were the flying pumpkins. Loved that design.

Edited by JL
Tweaking
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Canada Jetlines Receives Conditional Approval from Transport Canada to Begin Pilot Training

January 24, 2022

Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. (NEO: CJET) (“Canada Jetlines”) is proud to announce the new all-Canadian carrier has received conditional approval for flight crew (pilot) training from Transport Canada effective immediately. Final approval of Canada Jetlines’ Pilot Training program will be granted once Transport Canada has reviewed the training conducted under the program and it proves to be satisfactory.

“This is an important milestone in the Air Operator Certificate process with Transport Canada. Our first crew will start their pilot training program this month and are scheduled to have completed simulator training in the later part of February,” shared Eddy Doyle, CEO of Canada Jetlines. “The Airbus 320 is a great aircraft and a pleasure to fly. I haven’t flown a commercial aircraft in the last four years, and I am a little envious of our pilots going on course.”

Please visit http://www.jetlines.com to learn more, sign up for email updates, and follow on all social media platforms to join the Canada Jetlines family.

About Canada Jetlines

• 2 weeks later...

Canada Jetlines and CAE Sign Exclusive 5-Year Pilot Training Agreement

jetlines.png?w=1000

TORONTO, ON, Feb. 2, 2022 – Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. (NEO: CJET) (“Canada Jetlines”) is excited to announce today that it has signed an exclusive 5-yer pilot training agreement with CAE. Under the agreement, CAE will train Jetlines pilots on the CAE 7000 XR Airbus A320 full flight simulator (FFS) at its Montreal training center. Jetlines anticipates their inaugural flight in the spring of 2022, offering Canadians more selection and more economical options to fly to sun-destinations in the southern United States, Caribbean, and Mexico.

1280px-CAE_Inc_Logo.svg_.png?w=1024

“We’re excited to partner with global aviation training leader CAE,” said Eddy Doyle, CEO of Canada Jetlines, Ltd. “Our pilots will train on the industry’s most advanced full-flight simulators and benefit from digitally immersive solutions that elevate safety, efficiency and readiness for Canadian travelers from coast-to-coast.”

“We are pleased to welcome Jetlines, a new leisure airline, as our customer and proud to support the vision and launch of a fellow Canadian company,” said Nick Leontidis, CAE’s Group President, Civil Aviation Training Soutions. “This agreement is a prime example of our commitment to provide the most innovative training solutions and deliver a world-class training experience.”

Canada Jetlines, Ltd. selected the Airbus A320 as its fleet standard due to the aircraft’s best-in-class operating economics, customer comfort and fly by wire technology. The company will begin servicing the flying public in 2022.

For more information, please visit www.jetlines.ca

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Canada Jetlines to Offer Flexible Payment Options Through Partnership with Buy Now, Pay Later Solution Leader, Uplift

jetlines.png?w=1000

TORONTO, ON, Feb. 10 2022 – Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. (NEO: CJET) (“Canada Jetlines”) is pleased to announce today the new value-driven carrier will offer Canadian travelers with more flexible payment options through a partnership with Uplift – allowing for a pay over time option upon booking.

The leisure airline aims to offer more travel options to fly to sun-destinations in the southern United States, Caribbean, and Mexico, following completion of airline licensing processes. Upon partnering with Uplift, leader in the Buy Now Pay Later space, Jetlines’ passengers will be able to plan the vacation they’ve been envisioning, with the freedom to book when ready and spread the cost over affordable monthly payments. The partnership will kick-off in Spring 2022 in tandem with Jetlines’ anticipated inaugural flight.

“We’re thrilled to be able to provide customers with a convenient turn-key travel experience, along with the flexibility to pay for their holiday over time,” shared Duncan Bureau, CCO of Canada Jetlines. “Our partnership with Uplift will offer the accessibility regardless of budget, aligning with our mission to provide comfort and convenience from the first touch point during a time where constant connection is key for peace of mind.”

“The team at Uplift is equally excited to be working with Canada Jetlines. Our shared vision of bringing more Canadians to the destinations they love is a natural fit”, said Denise Heffron, Managing Director, Uplift Canada. “Partnering with Canada Jetlines supports our mission of making travel more accessible, affordable and rewarding for everyone. Canadians deserve a vacation now more than ever before — more choices and more flexibility will help them realize their vacation dreams.”

Jetlines has selected the A320 as its fleet standard, with a projected growth of 15 aircrafts by 2025, offering the best-in-class operating economics, customer comfort and fly-by-wire technology. With the goal of providing a guest centric experience from the first touchpoint, Jetlines will use a state-of-the-art web booking platform, making the solution available to tour operators along with consumers, and to generate revenue on reservations and planned ancillary sales. The efficient aircraft design merged with the experience of the management suite allows for affordable flight options without sacrificing quality and convenience.

Please visit www.jetlines.com to learn more and follow on all social media platforms for updates and to join the Canada Jetlines family.

About Uplift
Uplift is the leading Buy Now, Pay Later solution that empowers people to get more out of life, one thoughtful purchase at a time. Serving the world’s top enterprise level travel brands, Uplift’s complete range of flexible payment options drive higher conversion and loyalty for partners, while giving customers a simple, surprise-free way to pay over time with no late fees or prepayment penalties. Uplift is currently available throughout the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit Uplift.com.

About Canada Jetlines
Canada Jetlines is a well-capitalized leisure focused carrier, utilizing a growing fleet of Airbus320 aircraft starting in early 2022, subject to Transport Canada approval. The carrier was created to provide Canadian consumers with more value choices and travel options to fly to coveted sun and leisure destinations in the U.S., Caribbean, and Mexico. With a projected growth of 15 aircrafts by 2025, Canada Jetlines aims to offer the best-in-class operating economics, customer comfort and fly-by-wire technology, providing an elevated guest centric experience from the first touchpoint. The efficient aircraft design merged with the experience of the all-Canadian management team, allows for accessible flight options without sacrificing quality or convenience. The carrier will use a state-of-the-art web booking platform, making the turnkey solution available to Travel Agents, Tour Operators, and consumers, with the capability of generating revenue on reservations and ancillary sales. We aim to provide more revenue opportunities to express our gratitude to current and future agent partners and all the work that they do. We look forward to working with you to create memorable travel experiences for consumers. To learn more, please visit www.jetlines.com and follow on all social media platforms for news and updates.  

Canada Jetlines Chief Engineer, Brad Warren

Canada Jetlines

What does it take to start an airline? Open Jaw takes you on an intimate journey with Canada Jetlines’ key players: Chief Pilot, Randy Howe, whose extensive experience taught him it’s important to keep the plane in the air; Chief Engineer, Brad Warren, shows us how to kick an Airbus’ tires; COO, Duncan Bureau, no stranger to start-ups or legacy carriers, smoothly stick handles ‘why’ start an airline; CEO, Eddy Doyle, applies a gloved hand to the all important airline culture – both internal and with respect to the advisor distribution channel and Director In-flight Services & Airports, Anup Anand.

Video Interviews: Canada Jetlines - Open Jaw

• 2 weeks later...

Canada Jetlines Announces Arrival of First Aircraft in Canada

274730789_332671448807977_33024916226118 From Canada Jetlines

TORONTO, ON, February 28, 2022 – Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. (NEO: CJET) (“Canada Jetlines”) is proud to announce that its first aircraft, an Airbus 320 registered under C-GCJL, landed at the Kitchener/Waterloo airport (CYKF) at 14:33 ET on Saturday February 26, 2022. The aircraft was flown from Shannon, Ireland where it recently underwent painting and interior refurbishing. The flight was operated by Captain Randy Howe (Canada Jetlines’ Chief Pilot) and Captain Colin Forrest, both pilots having recently completed their Canada Jetlines’ A320 pilot training and simulator check ride monitored by Transport Canada.

“This is a very special day for Canada Jetlines,” said Eddy Doyle, CEO of Canada Jetlines. “I am very proud of the hard work completed by the entire Canada Jetlines team which made this day possible. The amazing aircraft livery and interior represent the new, fun, and exciting Canada Jetlines. This is an important milestone for our airline as we continue on the path to obtain our Air Operator Certificate from Transport Canada. We are looking forward to operating our first revenue flights and welcoming our first guests following the receipt of regulatory approvals.”

Please visit http://www.jetlines.com to learn more, sign up for email updates, and follow on all social media platforms to join the Canada Jetlines family. You can also CLICK HERE for footage of the airplane arrival and a discussion with Canada Jetlines CEO, Eddy Doyle.

About Canada Jetlines

1 hour ago, North of You said:

Is the an unwritten competition these days as to who can fly the ugliest livery these days? 😯 

I don't mind it. I break it down into different areas. The colours seem reasonable to me including the way they were applied. I can't say I really like it but I personally find it reasonable.

The logo is not pretty but I do think of it a pretty interesting as I have to give top marks for the idea of turning an airplane into a face. Never seen that before, so I will give credit for something different.

Not sure if the photo was meant for widespread publicity, but you think the chief pilot and captain would have worn something more professional than old jeans and track shoes. It must have made a good impression when they picked up the airplane from the Mro in Ireland.

Times are changing I guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, st27 said:

Not sure if the photo was meant for widespread publicity, but you think the chief pilot and captain would have worn something more professional than old jeans and track shoes. It must have made a good impression when they picked up the airplane from the Mro in Ireland.

Times are changing I guess.

Those "changes" were over 20 years ago. The same approach didn't hurt Westjet. 

• Confused 1

If I were ferrying my company’s first airplane into the country, I’d know there’d be historical pictures to be taken and I’d want to be in my Sunday’s best!😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD2 said:

If I were ferrying my company’s first airplane into the country, I’d know there’d be historical pictures to be taken and I’d want to be in my Sunday’s best!😀

The way the dress codes have changed, perhaps that was their Sunday Best.  😃

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Canada Jetlines Receives Conditional Approval from Transport Canada to Begin Flight Attendant Training

jetlines.png?w=1000

TORONTO, ON, April 4, 2022 – Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. (NEO: CJET) (“Canada Jetlines”) is proud to announce the new all-Canadian, leisure carrier, has received conditional approval for Flight Attendant Training from Transport Canada effective immediately. Final approval of Canada Jetlines’ Flight Attendant Training program will be granted once Transport Canada has reviewed the training conducted under the program and it proves to be satisfactory.

“This is an important milestone in the Air Operator Certificate process with Transport Canada. Our first Flight Attendants will start their Flight Attendant Training Program in April and are scheduled to have completed training at the end of May,” shared Eddy Doyle, CEO of Canada Jetlines. “We have an outstanding group of individuals who will become our first Cabin Crew at Canada Jetlines and who will bring the best of both safety and customer service excellence to our customers on-board.”

About Canada Jetlines 

3 hours ago, Kargokings said:

Canada Jetlines Receives Conditional Approval from Transport Canada to Begin Flight Attendant Training

jetlines.png?w=1000

TORONTO, ON, April 4, 2022 – Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. (NEO: CJET) (“Canada Jetlines”) is proud to announce the new all-Canadian, leisure carrier, has received conditional approval for Flight Attendant Training from Transport Canada effective immediately. Final approval of Canada Jetlines’ Flight Attendant Training program will be granted once Transport Canada has reviewed the training conducted under the program and it proves to be satisfactory.

“This is an important milestone in the Air Operator Certificate process with Transport Canada. Our first Flight Attendants will start their Flight Attendant Training Program in April and are scheduled to have completed training at the end of May,” shared Eddy Doyle, CEO of Canada Jetlines. “We have an outstanding group of individuals who will become our first Cabin Crew at Canada Jetlines and who will bring the best of both safety and customer service excellence to our customers on-board.”

About Canada Jetlines 

That’s great, but who is going to fly their planes? Of the first seven pilots who expressed an interest, and who combined had over 100 years and 100,000 hours of flying experience on Airbus aircraft, only one remains. And that’s the chief pilot. Terms being offered are worse than Swoop and Flair. Jetlines could become JetsGone faster than JetsGo. 🤔 

On 4/4/2022 at 8:16 PM, Rich Pulman said:

That’s great, but who is going to fly their planes? Of the first seven pilots who expressed an interest, and who combined had over 100 years and 100,000 hours of flying experience on Airbus aircraft, only one remains. And that’s the chief pilot. Terms being offered are worse than Swoop and Flair. Jetlines could become JetsGone faster than JetsGo. 🤔 

Interesting, but where did these Airbus guys come from? Overseas?

And where did they go? Boeings?

Isn't Jetlines working with a company called Global crossing out of the U.S.? I ask this because I have heard that Flair is running into some difficulties based on their business dealings with the company they are associated with in the U.S. It appears that Flair may be in a situation where any money brought in goes to the U.S. partner.

I suspect these big U.S. companies want control.