ACR 737 line

Guest ken hickerson

Guest ken hickerson

Just heard today that ACR will be adding a second 737 line in yyc. Milton just signed for the staffing request. As yyc is the only AC station laying people off, I was asked if I was interested in a job. (Instead of bumping to... uggg..ywg;}..)

A pay cut, different union, 737 experience, and I can stay in Calgary.

What's the Hanger life like in yyc???

Guest Gadgeteer

Hmmm, the mech's in YYC are going to be doing the same work with the same company(Common Employer) for less money and worse working conditions. Talk about blackmail. And the IAM accepts this situation?

While the opportunity to remain in YYC may be great, working at ACR isn't, with our recently arbitrated contract, moral and working conditions are as low as you can get..

Just MO Brett

Ken:

ywg is no picnic either. morale is at an all time low, worst i've ever seen or anyone else i've talked to, with terrible management decisions every day, lost contracts or the threat of the loss every week. we recently lost our line mtc., as you know and hear that yvr is hiring 150 more guys. the company will soon start its familiar attempts at making a competition between the three main bases now and the fallout won't be pretty.

has anyone heard what the new contract in yvr is? air alaska 737'3 and md 80's? how sure is acr's chance of another 737 line in yyc...what will that do to the AC 320 'a' checks chance of staying there?

Guest ken hickerson

Well the 'A' chks are permanent in yc as all of the other bases go with 'bigger and better' contracts. Who knows where we will go, I heard from a lead station attendant today that the IAM is offering pension bridging...spoke with the barg. comm rep and he said he didn't know. Maintenance will get squat in the end (as always). The popular saying for maint when the rampies got their packages was 'the c@@k is in just waiting for the balls to start slapping'. Now the slapping keeps me awake at nights.

Don't count on A320 'A' checks being 'permanent' anywhere. Nothing is permanent. I've heard that the Maintenance Manager in YHZ is trying to get those checks for his base, and that's why all his lay-offs were cancelled.

Just a thought.

Archived