cease and desist order

Guest ame767

i see on the iam 140 site that iam-cail has called for a cease and desist order today (dec 18) against AC for the company to carry on paying the dues for the former cail locals (apparently they've stopped sending the dues to these locals).

were they not declared redundant by mr. fontaine?

also is there any truth to the rumour that the cail locals are deeply in dept following the bills for the arbitration lawyers? further rumour is that they have been spending all assets, and not sending entitlements, for at least the last year.

my understanding is that the cail folks will not be allowed into ac locals untill grand makes them 'revenue neutral' ie dept free. any one have any facts?

another fine mess.

764chief;

I did not mean to insult anyone and hoped only to get some facts, something entirely lacking these days.

it has been said that the ywg local (can't remember number) is 80,000 in dept and have not made some payments. i just wondered if that situation was more then just here or if it was a local thing.

congratulations on owning the building...what happens now? i quess that was my question too, what happens next in this process. i was hoping for a division of tech ops to a separate bargaining unit using the extra locals once the integration was sorted out... ex-cail, air canada, i don't really care.

Archived