Who is an AME?

Guest Gadgeteer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ah crap

No relation to any Frank but thanks for asking.

Not to ponder Kent asking about my homepage, I'll forgive him but only because of all the Timmy's cups he sprang for last year when I was based out of YYZ.

Cheers

Kent

mr. brulotte went to c3 in the early '90's and I think was last stationed in hawaii...bad spot to be when your company folds... anyone heard if he is still there or if he got out?

mr maklin is still with AC in ywg ...acting inspection, CAT

• 2 years later...
Guest lame.

I am, although not in Canada. biggrin.gif

Actually I have just recently retired from the Industry, after more than 40 years in it, more than 35 years as an LAME.

Have sadly only been to your beautiful Country once, was in Toronto for a few days back in 2000 when our Aircraft, Guyana Airways 2000 Airbus A300-600 broke down there.

It was a welcome break from New York at the time. biggrin.gif

We were very well looked after by the Guys at Wright International Toronto. biggrin.gif

Guest Fmrc3ame

Good Day Everyone,

Licensed AME with L1011, B757 A319/320/321/330.& A340.

Started my apprenticeship with Worldways, fresh out of College, and worked for Nationair, Transat, C3, Air Canada and CargoJet. Did some contracting with USA3000 and Sky as well. Found that the charters gave you a greater exposure to "Having to use your head and whats in your toolbox to fix it". The smaller the operator the more they relied on your experience.

Guest QK AME

Hi

I am ame with Jazz at YUL since one year and at YQB the eleven previous years with the sames companies(Jazz, AC Regional, AirNova and my best time: Air Alliance). M1 and M2. Beech 1900D, Dash8, CRJ and 146.

Guest yyzame

I am an AME on the line with Skyservice with B757 , A319/320 and A330 and like the frmrC3 AME said you get some great exposure working for the little guy and I'm loving every minute of it. biggrin.gif

M1 & M2 DHC-8, BAe 146, F 28 and that ugly boeing thingy biggrin.gif 737-200, Started at ZX right out of college in 1988, have lived/worked in YVR,YXD,YYC,YWG,YYT and all be it briefly YHZ, and now I find myself working in YUL as an AWC blink.gif (not real sure how that happened tongue.gif )

JBF

Hi guys

Started in 88 on Jetstreams and ATR's. Then onto Dash 8's, B1900, F28, Emb120, CRJ200 and finally Bae146. Played around a little with MU2's just for something to do.

Trying to ignite the passion that I once had for this industry. Troubling times you know.

At Jazz in YYZ.

Hey all:

Started on this crazy ride called aviation in 1988. AME M2 CRJ 200,700,900 Boeing 727.

Done AC, Sky, Royal, Cargojet and contracted all over the world with Bombardier Business Aircraft.

Like some of the others I find the smaller operators to be the most interesting to work for.

B

Guest volitan68

I am a Avionics AME at Air Canada for 15+ years.  Armed Forces for 10 years before that.  Lupin, what is a "DA-20"?

Hi all. First time post here so bare with me. Conehead a "DA-20" is a Falcon 20 jet. I too have the Da-20 on my license along with the 737 -200 & -700. No surprise who I work for eh! Ya Westjet. mrlupin and myself worked at the same company but he was cyow based and I was cyyc based. Hi Eric, hope all is well?? Great to see some action on the AME side of the forum. Lets keep it up!!

Rob

ROB!!!!

Good to hear you are still around and kicking!

Small world....bumping into each other on a chat forum.Glad to hear you made it to Westjet hope your having fun!!!send me an email at eric.veilleux@sympatico.ca

Eric

Guest RegAme
<P>Hi Kent. I am working in YZ as well. However, I can't figure out what 'GX' means.

"GX" is airline code for Air Ontario, before that it was the code for Gret lakes Airline.

Guest speedbrake

Hi was Avionics bench/ line now M2 AME for WestJet, Work in Mid East for Saudia and DHL, former KFC and C3 avionic/mech.

Guest Glycol Eater

Hey Guys!!,

I'm a 24 year-old rampie that has been tossing bags for about 7 years now. I've always been reallly intrested in being an AME. What is S.A.I.T. in YYC like for school?? Let me know. I can't wait to do this.

GE

Glycol Eater;

Nice to hear about your enthusiasm! You know there is always a waiting period to get into schools like SAIT. If you are actuallly interested get over there and sign up. Ask about Manpower sponsorship. (That's what it was called when I went to P.V.I.) I do not know any details that are current but, my experience is that you have to do a lot of the foot work yourself. Try the E.I. office nearest SAIT, they will be the best informed.

To become an A.M.E. you pretty much have to take an approved course like the one offered at SAIT. There are minimum education requirements, so make sure you qualify. If not go to night school and get what you need.

I suggest you go to the school and meet the students and instructors, they will be in a good position to give you the advice you need.

Come on you guys, somebody who has attended SAIT has read this post, give G.E. a word or two! Most everyone in this buisness is wondering what they are going to do when they grow up! It won't be bad forever. (sure seems that way)

Any way G.E. hang around the A.M.E.s where you work. Get a feel for what it is they actually do. And most importantly make some friends because the bottom line is you need conections to get in.

Also an A.M.E.

Tony!

P.S. Good luck! But have you thought about any real jobs rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Guest wirepuller

I am an AME with M2 and E rating. I Have 20 years experience starting at DH, WD, CP, TS, RY, C3 and finally AC. Am Currently with WJA and glad I'm here.

Archived